The Student Room Group
Anyone?
I took economics and I'm really glad I did- it gives you a good base for the analytical kind of thinking that you'll need in your legal writing, some stuff crops up occasionally, I bet that will be even mroe common next year when we do equity. History- Yes, again, good analytical essay writing subject. I didn't take it because I couldnt stand it. And English literature again is good. But you might want to consider taking a 'different' subject to the essay writing type of subjects.. maybe something you'll enjoy more? But they sound good to me. A2 is a bit of a challenge though, moving up from AS. It's important to take subjects that you gel well with in order for you to do well in them, and if you want to go to Cambridge you'll need AAA! Good luck xx
I am sick of such threads. SEARCH. You've obviously looked at Cam's list as well...perhaps if your subject isn't frowned upon by them it's Okay.
maybe a language would be helpful.
English Literature and History - definitely.
phil_m88
I am sick of such threads. SEARCH. You've obviously looked at Cam's list as well...perhaps if your subject isn't frowned upon by them it's Okay.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if mods stickied a good example of one of these threads so that spamming doesn't happen as much?

Back to the point, i agree with babylon. English literature and history will teach you the analytical skills that are essential for starting law. lets just say that it will make life a lot easier in the long run. I would also take economics as a good varying subject so that the admissions tutors will see that you are the all rounder providing you obtain the grades.
Choose the ones you enjoy and the ones you think you'll do best in.
Reply 8
The Vortex
Now many people have told me to leave Philosophy because it is a 'new' subject and not well recieved by universities. However according to the list formulated by Cambridge there are no concerns about it at all. It is on their 'A' list. I would have thought Literature, History and Philosophy were the best to take but what do you think?

Sounds good.

Latest

Trending

Trending