Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,

    Where can my friend go for Career advice?

    She is 23 years old and is currently in 9-5 office job she doesn’t enjoy.

    She wants to explore all options; college, uni, full time / part time / volunteer work.

    She has always had an interest in domestic violence, so jobs relating to that, but she isn’t sure where to start? Also teaching in a primary school interests her, but not sure where to start.

    There is a local Careers office in town, but I am pretty sure it’s for people aged 21 and below.


    English – C, Maths – C, Science – C
    Art & Design – B, Media – B, French-D

    Many thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    To either become a social worker or a primary school teacher you need a degree so your first step would be to gain the relevant A levels and then look into doing a degree in either social work or primary education.
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo


"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.