The Student Room Group

Sciences Po PSIA Applications for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here applied/planning on applying for an Erasmus+ loan? Can Sciences Po students apply for this?

http://ec.europa.eu/education/opportunities/higher-education/masters-loans_en.htm
Reply 61
Original post by camaieu
Anyone here applied/planning on applying for an Erasmus+ loan? Can Sciences Po students apply for this?

http://ec.europa.eu/education/opportunities/higher-education/masters-loans_en.htm

I don't think the scheme is running for UK students yet, but I could be wrong! It is running in France, maybe you don't need to be French to get it actually.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think you can apply as a UK student - the banks in France are offering loans to incoming and outgoing students.

I
Hi there!

So glad I've found others applying for Human Rights and Humanitarian Action! I got my 'admissible' email exactly a week ago saying a should receive a response by mid-January. I'm so nervous! Btw what have you guys studied? I'm in the final year of BA French AND International Relations with Arabic. I don't have that much related work experience but I did work as an advisor for Amnesty International a few years back... Worried that I haven't got enough work experience...

Good luck everyone!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Good luck everyone![/QUOTE

Bon chance Laylahamid!
Original post by Cocochep
Good luck everyone![/QUOTE

Bon chance Laylahamid!

Thank you! Well done and congratulations, hopefully I see you next year!
Reply 66
Original post by camaieu
Congratulations! I have applied for this course! :smile: How long did it take for you to hear back?

Hello :smile:). I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you. I applied on 13 November, got the "your application is admissible" email after approximately two weeks and the final results on 10 December. So it took them not even a whole month. It was really quick. I was quite suprised :smile:.
Reply 67
Original post by Anastasiaw1
Hi! Congratulations on the offer! I applied as well but only a few days ago. Could I asked what kind of background you have in terms of previous degree and professional experience? Thanks!!

Hello Anastasia :smile:.

Sure. I´ll be finishing my law degree in April 2016 so this is going to be my second master. My main area of focus is international law (especially humanitarian law, armed conflicts, post-conflict situations), however, I´ve decided that I really need to get also some serious geopolitical background. I studied one year in the UK through the Erasmus+ programme and participated in various student research activities at my home university plus in numerous moot courts (human rights, asylum and refugee law, Jessup), I have three academic publications and I contribute to various legal websites and journals on regular basis. Regarding my professional experience, I worked as a legal adviser for an NGO focusing on migrants and asylum seekers and I had internships at our national UNHCR office, the ministry of foreign affairs, the ministry of industry and trade, and the Permanent Mission of my country at the UN in NY. When it comes to volunteering, I participated in three international workcamps abroad. I suppose that this could also help. My grades... I suppose that the equivalent would be the Upper Second Class. I speak Czech, English, Spanish and a bit (big emphasis on the word "bit" :biggrin:) French. Huh... I really need to work on my French.

Please, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:. I´ll do my best to help.
Reply 68
Original post by camaieu

Hi again :smile:). I´m thinking about it too :smile:. Have you been able to find more information about it? Sciences PO is on the list of the cooperating institutions so that should be OK. However, I´ve tried to go through the website of the French bank (http://www.banquepopulaire.fr/portailinternet/Pages/Default.aspx) which should be part of the scheme and I can not find any details. Although my French is quite poor so maybe I´m just not looking properly.
Reply 69
Hey! I was accepted in International Security! So excited! I am finishing my bachelor degree this year, but I will only have the diploma in July. Do you think I can provide at that time?
Reply 70
Oh and regarding the erasmus + loan, I think Banque Populaire will only start providing those loans in the spring of 2015!
A question to those who got accepted: do you already received the email with the student number (to accept or decline the offer)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Sharriew

Sorry for not seeing this reply before! Thanks for sharing information about your background - it sounds amazing.

I am still waiting to hear back on my application and will keep you posted :smile:
Reply 72
I want to officially join the club of the people who have submitted their application, wohoo ! Also, I did it at the last possible moment (reference trouble), so thank you guys for not crashing the site !

I applied for International Public Management and same double degree with LSE : ) .
Reply 73
I just received my acceptance letter from Sciences Po. I had previously been told that I wouldn't hear back from the university until "mid-January."

FYI: I applied to the Masters in International Security program.

Good luck to you all!
[QUOTE=richarsl;61789005]I just received my acceptance letter from Sciences Po. I had previously been told that I wouldn't hear back from the university until "mid-January."

Good luck to you all!

Well done!! Could I ask when you applied and if this is for the one year programme or the two year master? Thanks !!!
Reply 75
Original post by richarsl
I just received my acceptance letter from Sciences Po. I had previously been told that I wouldn't hear back from the university until "mid-January."

Good luck to you all!

Congrats on the offer : ) !

Do u want to make a fb group about Sciences Po Masters entry 2016 ? It would facilitate the communication and who knows, some of us might go there, It would be nice "knowing" someone ...
Just been accepted to the Human Rights and Humanitarian Action programme also! I'm so relieved, and elated.
Reply 77
Original post by 3PL
Congrats on the offer : ) !

Do u want to make a fb group about Sciences Po Masters entry 2016 ? It would facilitate the communication and who knows, some of us might go there, It would be nice "knowing" someone ...

Great idea! I'll make it sometime soon and post the link to this thread.
Reply 78
Hey, I made the Facebook group! If you search "Sciences Po PSIA - Accepted (2016)", you should be able to find it. I tried to post the link earlier, but TSR wouldn't let me.

Right now the group is private, but I can make it public if that is preferred.
Reply 79
^ Change the settings of the group, can't find it, make it public : ) !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending