The Student Room Group

How would you react if someone you didn't like died?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I'd teabag 'em.

I've heard this phrase before and I don't know what it is supposed to mean and forgot to Goggle it, so what does it mean ?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Pretty sure it goes against the whole "love thy neighbours, thy enemies and bless those that curse you.."

How? He wasn't my enemy, neighbour, he did curse me. In any case that has nothing to do with morality.
I would react like I do when I hear about strangers dying. 'Oh really? That's so sad'. And then continue living my life.
Jesus taught us to love our enemies so I would be shaken somewhat
Original post by william walker
How? He wasn't my enemy, neighbour, he did curse me. In any case that has nothing to do with morality.

Exactly which goes against blessing those that curse you. And of course it's to do with morality, laughing at someone's death is hardly considers a moral action and not something your Lord Jesus would condone so I repeat, so much for the "superior" Anglican morality!
Reply 45
Original post by I love life
I've heard this phrase before and I don't know what it is supposed to mean and forgot to Goggle it, so what does it mean ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teabag
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Exactly which goes against blessing those that curse you. And of course it's to do with morality, laughing at someone's death is hardly considers a moral action and not something your Lord Jesus would condone so I repeat, so much for the "superior" Anglican morality!

Morality deals with actions undertaken with or against other directly. What I did was a sin. However you must separate my human desire from the desire I have when it comes the Lord. So I may hate someone on this earth, but I still love them and want them to once more be with the Lord. That is what loving someone means in religious terms. Are you religious?
Original post by loveleest
Someone you hated/disliked a lot? How would you react?
Would you go to their funeral? still cry?
or just won't care?

I would care. I would always care if someone I know dies. I'd never wish death on anyone. I probably wouldn't go to their funeral. Not sure if I'd cry. I may cry because it's sad that someone I once knew is no longer alive. I may cry because I know their family must be in pieces. I may cry because it will make me realise how lucky I am to be alive, but that's it. I wouldn't suddenly say how much I miss and love them just because they're dead.
I couldn't give a ****
Reply 49
I'd dance on their grave with an accordion in hand.
Good question. Can't really say tbh, never really hated anyone that much that I'd be glad they died, and I've dealt with bullies in the past. Either I just haven't come across someone who's so much of a dick that I'd be glad they died, or it's just not in my nature.
Original post by saeed97
Lacking irony.

I love you, hahaha
Reply 52
If the feeling was mutual I'd find it a great shame that I was never able to make amends with them, which would sadden me for quite some time. If it was one-sided dislike on my part, I would hope their death would shake me into examining the reasons why I disliked them in the first place and whether it's my place to judge them for those things.
If your answer isn't "I'd be freaking ecstatic", chances are you haven't met that one special dickhead yet. Knowing that person cannot physically torment you ever again is somewhat liberating
Original post by Another
If your answer isn't "I'd be freaking ecstatic", chances are you haven't met that one special dickhead yet. Knowing that person cannot physically torment you ever again is somewhat liberating

honestly no. I dont hate people.

for an emotional person Im strangely detached with death.

but yeh you can party at my funeral if it helps x
I'd probably be on the verge of tears tbh. I don't really have anyone I dislike to the point where I would be smiling the minute I see their coffin during the funeral. I mean,that's a level of hatred I don't believe I've experienced yet. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It'd just be strange tbh. I'd probably still end up paying my respects but wouldn't be too fazed/ upset about the whole thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
I'd probably be indifferent; certainly wouldn't go to the funeral.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest