The Student Room Group

What do friends mean to you?

I used to put a lot of store on friends but my dad died in January and I've been very disappointed by a lot of people, leaving me with a small circle of friends.

I used to think friends were there for you to share secrets and feel really emotionally connected with but I'm starting to think most people are there to make memories with and have someone to do stuff with.

If I want to talk about feelings etc I go to my family.

What are your thoughts on friends?
Original post by daisymay1996
I used to put a lot of store on friends but my dad died in January and I've been very disappointed by a lot of people, leaving me with a small circle of friends.

I used to think friends were there for you to share secrets and feel really emotionally connected with but I'm starting to think most people are there to make memories with and have someone to do stuff with.

Some happen to be backstabbers
Reply 2
Original post by daisymay1996

I get where ur coming from. friends are also important to me
like to talk about feelings, traumas but also like happy childhood memories, and joke about which will make me feel more connected to them
its sad to hear that ur friends disappointed u in a time where u probs needed them most and i hope u have coped well with this
im not an only child but im the only one that lives in my house with my dad and i barely have family so its sooo lonely at home which is why when i see my friends im happier
even like the smallest things make me happy like playing a card game together, or even asking how my day was shows me genuine interest in me which i most definitely will reciprocate.
Being alone is litr my biggest fear

How would you react to being lonely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending