The Student Room Group

Need help with PS

Need help with my personal statement, I'm getting no help at 6th form with it, I am struggling to form it and know what to write so it's a strong one.
Thank You in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out all the advice on TSR (linked in my signature at the bottom of this post - look at it on a computer). Then if you have any specific questions, ask them here :smile:
Reply 2
There's a lot of information on the internet and TSR on how to write it. I'd say the general guidelines are these:
- If it isn't relevant to your degree, for example, 'I regularly play a certain sport' don't include it.
- If it isn't directly relevant to your degree make it relevant, 'I regularly play a certain sport which has made me... (something relevant to your degree)'
- Don't repeat things that are already included in your UCAS form, I am studying this A Level, this A Level...
- Include extra curricular activities relevant to your degree, books, lectures... If you don't have any, find some quick if you can because it will help
- Don't just list things that you've done explain what they have taught you.
If you go on a lot of Uni's website and go on their entry requirements for your degree they will often tell you what they want you to include, watch videos on youtube about them, there's a good one from Imperial College London.
Thank you guys, your list is very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending