Want more information about this university?

Anyone studying Law at Lancaster University who got in with BTECs?

Watch
gabrielladk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, everyone! As I came to the UK less than 3 years ago, the people who advised me on my 'educational' choices influenced me to do BTECs rather than A-levels which I now realize is not a great choice if you want to go to a prestigious university. However, I am not giving up and still want to study at the best place possible. Anyone who got into Lancaster to study Law and was accepted with BTECs? Also I do not mind if you tell me of other universities you know that are likely to accept me. My predicted grades are 3 Distinction* and I am doing one A-level as well for which I think I am predicted a B.

Thank you!
Gabrield
ricksizzler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,
yes, it is possible to receive an offer with a BTEC qualification, as I just did. I would personally say that universities are looking for a unique applicant who has conviction and a sense of direction behind their application, a BTEC is a perfectly viable qualification to lead onto a degree. Remember, universities are backlogged with applications for their degrees, mentioning the practical application of a BTEC can be one way to set yourself aside from the competition.
I hope this has been of assistance, if you have any further questions then feel free to reply,
Many thanks,
Rick Sizzler (Not my real name...)
MarshallD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was accepted onto Law (LLB) with a Business BTEC! It's really helped knowing how to write essays and I haven't felt like because I didn't get in with my A-Level results that I'm any less equipped than anyone else here, it's been a fairly level learning ground.
gabrielladk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This is great to hear! I am glad the skills you have developed during studying BTEC are helping you now. I actually received an offer from Lancaster and I am 99% going there in September.
Llew_Ch97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gabrielladk)
This is great to hear! I am glad the skills you have developed during studying BTEC are helping you now. I actually received an offer from Lancaster and I am 99% going there in September.
Hopefully i'll see you there!!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.51%

Watched Threads