The Student Room Group

If get great grades in subjects, does it matter if I don't do Welsh Baccalaureate?

If I get good (great) grades in my subjects, does it matter if I don't do the Welsh Baccalaureate?

Is there much weight? (I say on the premise of great grades, meaning that it won't carry me at all.)

I genuinely hate it. I can't actually put myself down to do it considering how dreadfully disinterested I am in it.

Would it matter if it wasn't completed?
(edited 8 years ago)
Welsh Bacc is super easy to do and depending on where you apply, it can make it easier to get into Uni. Its an easy A for your application
:bump:
Reply 3
:bump:
Reply 4
Original post by XcitingStuart
If I get good (great) grades in my subjects, does it matter if I don't do the Welsh Baccalaureate?

Is there much weight? (I say on the premise of great grades, meaning that it won't carry me at all.)

I genuinely hate it. I can't actually put myself down to do it considering how dreadfully disinterested I am in it.

Would it matter if it wasn't completed?

Which level are you doing it at- e.g. alongside GCSEs or A Levels?

I did one during GCSEs and thought it was the easiest qualification in the world. My Sixth Form tried making me do the advanced level alongside a Levels but I refused to do it because I wanted to spend more time doing traditional subjects.

It's a subject that is better for university as compared to work itself; I see no reason why an employer would see a student with Welsh Bacc more preferable than one with a core science subject, etc. The qualification claims to prepare students for work environments but it does that barely (except for work experience placements, really).

I don't regret not doing it along side A Levels. Whenever I observed a piece of coursework or a class from it, the content seemed so trivial.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
Which level are you doing it at- e.g. alongside GCSEs or A Levels?

I did one during GCSEs and thought it was the easiest qualification in the world. My Sixth Form tried making me do the advanced level alongside a Levels but I refused to do it because I wanted to spend more time doing traditional subjects.

It's a subject that is better for university as compared to work itself; I see no reason why an employer would see a student with Welsh Bacc more preferable than one with a core science subject, etc. The qualification claims to prepare students for work environments but it does that barely (except for work experience placements, really).

I don't regret not doing it along side A Levels. Whenever I observed a piece of coursework or a class from it, the content seemed so trivial.

The thing is, it's conventionally so easy, but I find it so ridiculously hard from how asinine and boring it is. Beyond comprehension boring.

(Alongside A-levels.)
So I googled the Welsh Bac and it looks like a joke qualification for thickos who can't get into uni with A-levels. I would say focus on your subjects to get good grades, then go to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest