The Student Room Group

What is the most bizzare dream/scariest nightmare you have had?

and have you ever woke up screaming in the night due to a bad dream?
I've had way too many bizarre dreams to choose just one (and they've increased now that I'm on antidepressants). Last night I had a pretty weird one, although it wasn't bad compared to others I've had, sometimes they are really strange/gory/disturbing. Last night I dreamt I was on a bus going home from high school (I didn't get the bus in high school), and we fell off a cliff into a lake, and the bus driver drowned. Everyone else, including me, survived though.

I've never woken up screaming from a nightmare, although I have woken up suddenly feeling a bit sick/generally scared.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've had some really weird ones while feverish. Most of the time I don't even remember what they are, except that they were weird. Once I woke up from that sort of really weird dream. I sat up in bed, and gradually began to notice all sorts of tiny differences between the room I was in and the room I'd gone to sleep in. And then I actually woke up. That was creepy as hell.
I once had a nightmare where I witnessed my brother break into my collection of Pokemon games; he started deleting all the saved files and the worst part was that I was actually helping him do it.
It may not sound scary but I swear, I was bricking it by the time I woke up.
Original post by CasperlEE

The most bizarre one: I don't remember. But the most enlightening was the one when I first accessed my subconscious mind (I became aware of dreaming) when, while my dream was so clear, I recalled Leonardo Da Vinci's quote which reads "Why does the eye can see things more clearly in dreams than when imagination awake".

My skin peeled off, it was weird.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by enyaajohns
My skill peeled off, it was weird.

Should that be 'skin'? :smile:
i know i leapt up awake once from a nightmare but i didnt scream
Original post by Leviathan1741
Should that be 'skin'? :smile:

Haha yes! My bad
Reply 9
My brother would sleep walk, often confusing our rooms for the toilet, once he woke up and started urinating on my mum's head while she was fast asleep, she wasn't very pleased, she gave him a beating. :/
(edited 8 years ago)

The messed up world we live in today is the scariest nightmare I will ever see.
Reply 11
Two of my most rememberable ones revolve under horror movies

One of the Alien vs Predator films
And Feast (tho it might a horror comedy, I watched it quite young :frown: )

But no screaming.
Just constantly waking up a going back to sleep
Dreaming the exact same scary moment
Every single time. :angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
yes i have, not posting it tho as it was traumatic
I don't scream, but I wake up panicking. There are so many. Husband to be being shot in front of me on my wedding day, trapped in a room when the house is on fire, drowning, chased by a man with a knife then falling, man hitting me and almost raping me, running away from a bomb explosion in an airport and more I can't remember them all. I only ever have nightmares.
Original post by Leviathan1741
I've had way too many bizarre dreams to choose just one (and they've increased now that I'm on antidepressants). Last night I had a pretty weird one, although it wasn't bad compared to others I've had, sometimes they are really strange/gory/disturbing. Last night I dreamt I was on a bus going home from high school (I didn't get the bus in high school), and we fell off a cliff into a lake, and the bus driver drowned. Everyone else, including me, survived though.

I've never woken up screaming from a nightmare, although I have woken up suddenly feeling a bit sick/generally scared.

I'm sorry to hear that. :console:

~

In response to the OP, I don't want to remind myself of the scariest nightmare I've ever had. :cry2: :no: Let's just think about clouds + unicorns. :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woken up crying a few times from nightmares that unpleasant
I was being held hostage with one of my then housemates by an asian terrorist in a beach hut in an unknown location. The terrorist somehow had a nuclear weapon on his person which he was threatening to detonate. The FBI or similar had surrounded the area and were imploring him to surrender through megaphones. He detonated the bomb. Once the dust had begun to clear, I clocked that my housemate had been transformed into a piece of toast lying on the floor while the terrorist had been turned into an uncooked chicken breast which was writhing and flipping like a live fish and clearly in considerable agony, which I remember finding quite distressing. I walked outside and the entire Earth had been perfectly levelled and nothing but dust and ash remained on the ground and falling from the sky. I woke up promptly afterwards; my entire bed was completely saturated in sweat and although it sounds comical repeated I remember feeling genuinely terrified for some minutes afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending