The Student Room Group

University Placement Deadlines

I feel quite sad about placements in the summer I had worked actively to try to get ahead of all applicants but I procrastinated once university started and easily became overwhelmed and applying became the least of my worries.

In the end I didn't realise that the deadlines for the companies I wanted to apply for had already passed and those were the only companies I had dreamed of working at. I don't have anyone to blame but myself but I'm feeling so down about it...
Original post by Anonymous #1
I feel quite sad about placements in the summer I had worked actively to try to get ahead of all applicants but I procrastinated once university started and easily became overwhelmed and applying became the least of my worries.

In the end I didn't realise that the deadlines for the companies I wanted to apply for had already passed and those were the only companies I had dreamed of working at. I don't have anyone to blame but myself but I'm feeling so down about it...

Hi,

Are you referring to placements that occur in summer 2024?

I am sorry to hear you are feeling down about this. Which sector are you applying in as there may still be some (remote, hybrid or in person) which are still open. There are also ones that come out closer to the summer so it really depends on the place.

What kind of summer placement were you looking for? Whereabouts were you looking to have one (location wise)?

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent
Hi,

Are you referring to placements that occur in summer 2024?

I am sorry to hear you are feeling down about this. Which sector are you applying in as there may still be some (remote, hybrid or in person) which are still open. There are also ones that come out closer to the summer so it really depends on the place.

What kind of summer placement were you looking for? Whereabouts were you looking to have one (location wise)?

Alia

Yes! I'm in my 2nd year and my 3rd year will need to be a year long placement. I'm hoping to apply for the business sector undecided on finance or consulting. I'm based in Bristol so possibly near this area or in London as I know that is where most headquarter offices are located.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yes! I'm in my 2nd year and my 3rd year will need to be a year long placement. I'm hoping to apply for the business sector undecided on finance or consulting. I'm based in Bristol so possibly near this area or in London as I know that is where most headquarter offices are located.

Hi,

I am not sure how placements work at your uni but with my uni (Kent) they supported us with finding placements. SO you may want to seek help from them first.

The ones you may want to apply to may not be your dream workplace but there will be things you can learn and experience you can gain from it. It can be disappointing when we do not get our dream options but try to make the most of the placement you have/will apply to.

Consider keeping a diary of all the things you experience and learn throughout the year as well as keeping track of which skills you gain along the way.

I hope this helps.

Alia
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending