The Student Room Group

Gcse science core retake

Hi
I really need help deciding whether I should retake my science core gcse this year
I know I have so many other subjects to revise for as I am in year 11 but I was only one mark from an A* last year so should I repeat it?

Do colleges mind if we give them retake results?
Original post by Zuzy
Hi
I really need help deciding whether I should retake my science core gcse this year
I know I have so many other subjects to revise for as I am in year 11 but I was only one mark from an A* last year so should I repeat it?

Do colleges mind if we give them retake results?

They might, but it is unlikely that universities or employers will. I am not aware of anywhere requiring A* instead of A for GCSE core science. If a college has that stipulation, you could ask school to confirm that you were only 1 mark off the A*. You might find, if you want to go for Oxbridge, medicine or dentistry, that the numbers of A* grades at GCSE is a factor in the strength of your application, but I suggest that you should instead concentrate your efforts on your other subjects - a retake at this stage is just a distraction.
Well done for getting so close to an A*. Usually some colleges and unis dont like retakes.

Quick Reply

Latest