The Student Room Group

Y12s, how are you feeling about AS exams starting in four months?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SANTR
What subjects are you doing btw?
Have you started making notes etc?

Bio, Chem, Maths, Spanish and Further maths - you? I've done notes for some parts of biology and chemistry - most of them were done when we were told to make notes as part of some homeworks, but I've really got to start making notes for every topic and get started on some Spanish revision. I'm not too worried about maths as we'll do every past paper known to man in school or as a homework and I don't really need to revise anything except from doing this. My main worries are the Spanish speaking exam and the biology and chemistry mocks as they form our predicted grades. Oh and further maths cause I'm not being taught it so I'lll need to do past papers myself
Original post by IzzyReeves
Omg only 4 months?! Starting to feel slightly screwed to be honest, but I'm more worried about my French speaking which is before exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but for Spanish - I am so so scared that I'll get in there and just go blank
I'm pretty comfortable with the content covered! Just shocked at how quickly this academic year has passed!

'Easiest' exam - definitely Geography
'Hardest' exam - History, by far! We're doing the new AQA specification and there is just so much content we need to learn!
I didn't realise it was 4
I've stopped caring which is bad....
I only care about math and physics and Spanish
Physics I still revise because I love it
I'm a pro at Spanish
Math I can resit in year 13 anyway and I don't think it's hard
Chemistry ...linear course, I'll revise in year 13

I'm gna fail
(edited 8 years ago)
Easiest: Biology and chemistry.
Hardest: Geography. I know the knowledge, it's just the exam technique I gotta work on!
Original post by Not_a_horse
I only have 5 exams this year but the universe has smitten me and 2 of them are on the same day (M1 and Physics) so not looking too forward to that.

Eurgh... Count yourself lucky! I have THREE exams in one day! Two Religious Studies exams and one Citizenship exam... :cry2:
Original post by jamestg
In the spirit of the GCSE thread lol

Reply below with what you're feeling and perhaps do something like your easiest exam and hardest exam coming up!

I sh*tting myself if I'm honest, the thought of getting bad questions and the amount to revise is massive.

'easiest' exam - C1
'hardest' exam - M1

AHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

^hysterical laughter. I think it's an apt depiction of how I'm feeling.

(Why would you make this thread? I was happy in my own little bubble of thinking AS exams are miles away. And now you've put a countdown to it. A countdown!!!!)

Hardest exam- Physics definitely.
Easiest- A toss up between C1 and Chemistry (Physical/ Inorganic), oh and probably D1.
Reply 27
feeling like **** because I can't get myself to revise

hardest exam: biology - in depth (OCR biology b)
easiest exam: c1
Reply 28
Original post by flyingpanda

(Why would you make this thread? I was happy in my own little bubble of thinking AS exams are miles away. And now you've put a countdown to it. A countdown!!!!)

Easiest- A toss up between C1 and Chemistry (Physical/ Inorganic), oh and probably D1.

I'm sorry, please still love me
Original post by Paisley99
I didn't realise it was 4
I've stopped caring which is bad....
I only care about math and physics and Spanish
Physics I still revise because I love it
I'm a pro at Spanish
Math I can resit in year 13 anyway and I don't think it's hard
Chemistry ...linear course, I'll revise in year 13

I'm gna fail

Help meet for Spanish Speaking!!!! I'm really good at remembering vocal but I'm not very good at getting all the tenses and 'golden phrases' into my speakings - I get a bit panicky

I so agree with you on that one!!!
Original post by jamestg
I'm sorry, please still love me

It's all good. You literally just made me burst out laughing. :biggrin:

But we've not even finished our Mocks yet (literally had 2 papers out of 5), so I thought I had loads of time 'til the exams. *sigh*
Wait - we were supposed to start revision? 4 months is way too early! Wouldn't you just need to re-revise everything you revised in January by June?!

Anyway, I'm feeling awful. I've missed loads of lessons due to an illness getting worse and as a result have missed about half the content in all of my subjects. :smile:

Hardest exam - Shakespeare & Chaucer (English Literature Paper .. 1 I think)
Easiest exam - none due to aforementioned reasons.
Reply 33
[QUOTE=celloel;62245531]Wait - we were supposed to start revision? 4 months is way too early! Wouldn't you just need to re-revise everything you revised in January by June?!

Anyway, I'm feeling awful. I've missed loads of lessons due to an illness getting worse and as a result have missed about half the content in all of my subjects. :smile:

Hardest exam - Shakespeare & Chaucer (English Literature Paper .. 1 I think)
Easiest exam - none due to aforementioned reasons.

Layer revison, like a cake
Original post by jamestg
Layer revison, like a cake

How do you mean?
Reply 35
It's all good. You literally just made me burst out laughing. :biggrin:

But we've not even finished our Mocks yet (literally had 2 papers out of 5), so I thought I had loads of time 'til the exams. *sigh*

Good luck with your mocks! I'm sure you'll do okay as long as you revise - that said I spent hours revising Biology to get a D...
Reply 36
Original post by celloel
How do you mean?

You revise each bit individually and then by April - you'll have covered everything and all you need to do is take a chunk out of the cake each day until your exams are over!

If you've got leftover cake, you haven't done enough!
Original post by jamestg
You revise each bit individually and then by April - you'll have covered everything and all you need to do is take a chunk out of the cake each day until your exams are over!

If you've got leftover cake, you haven't done enough!

To be fair, that does sound much more sensible than what I was planning. I may take a page out of your book :smile: if thats :smile: even a :smile: saying :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by celloel
To be fair, that does sound much more sensible than what I was planning. I may take a page out of your book :smile: if thats :smile: even a :smile: saying :smile:

It probably is :smile:

I've finally go into the swing of things study-wise at home now, so all I need now is less homework so I can get some meaningful revision done!

Maths at the moment is probably the easiest to revise, because that's just practice!
Easiest papers:Geography
Hardest papers: Classical Civilisation

Quick Reply

Latest