The Student Room Group

Gap year 2016-2017

I am the one of the only ones in my year taking a year our before I go to uni and don't know anyone outside my school that is :eek:
Who else here is taking a gap year and will you be travelling?
I'm doing my gap year now, I'm not travelling though :L I'm going to Paris for a few days in April if it counts :biggrin:
Reply 2
hey! Yes I will be (hopefully!). I graduate from my LLB Law degree in June, and then will be moving to Spain (hopefully) to teach English for the year! From there I'll be able to travel through the Iberian peninsula/Morocco, and once the school year ends in May I am going to travel through the rest of Europe before starting my masters in Edinburgh in September 2017 :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by freyaaweston
I am the one of the only ones in my year taking a year our before I go to uni and don't know anyone outside my school that is :eek:
Who else here is taking a gap year and will you be travelling?

I'm leaving college in May/June and taking a gap year and applying for uni in September 2016/17 and I'm probably going to work to get extra money for uni and I want to travel but most of my friends are going to uni this year so I don't know if I will :frown:

Sent from my android x
Reply 4
I'm doing a gap year working at my old school to gain work experience. I'm in the same position as you, since all my friends bar one are now at uni. I don't regret it though - it's given me some great employable skills that my friends don't have. :u:
Reply 5
Original post by freyaaweston
x

Hey, I think I'll be taking a gap year hopefully. The main reasons for this being that I want to reapply to Oxford and Imperial and it will also be an amazing experience. I plan on going to the USA, either to volunteer or as part of an exchange programme. Hopefully I'll be able to raise some funds by doing some paid work beforehand. What about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest