The Student Room Group

Confused - pass mark or not

I'm an undergrad, and today found that I had less than the required 40% in an essay. I was told that a resubmission would be required, someone in charge of admin told me that I could still pass the module if the difference in the marks was made up by exam performance. This has caused some confusion, due to the general consensus being that all assesments must be passed. Help me out please someone!!!
Reply 1
At our Uni it is the module average that counts and a deficit can be made up if you have an exam. But we wouldn't know, different Unis = different procedure.
Reply 2
Same here, module overall counts. I'd say you can still pass. Check with your tutor!
Reply 3
I'd say you're both right. I'm not one to dispute a seminar tutor, but they aren't exactly going to say 'yeah okay, just get a good mark in the exam, and happy days'. What caused the confusion was one party saying Id need to redraft the essay, while another said that the deficit can be made up from examination performance. I'll have to find out for definate, but it sounds as though I can get away with doing well in the exam and passing the module. Thank you

Latest