The Student Room Group

School problems...

I've missed a lot of coursework deadlines and all of the teachers are getting really annoyed, because I'm ill. i don't want to go to school scared to go in, when I'm better. really don't know what to do, should i go to home tutoring or courses somewhere else? :frown:
Original post by amyjanee15
I've missed a lot of coursework deadlines and all of the teachers are getting really annoyed, because I'm ill. i don't want to go to school scared to go in, when I'm better. really don't know what to do, should i go to home tutoring or courses somewhere else? :frown:

Is home tutoring a realistic option? Can your parents afford it? You don't necessarily need tutors, you could study independently through the National Extension College or a similar provider, but you need to be pretty disciplined to pull it off. What are you studying right now?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Is home tutoring a realistic option? Can your parents afford it? You don't necessarily need tutors, you could study independently through the National Extension College or a similar provider, but you need to be pretty disciplined to pull it off. What are you studying right now?

I'm studying for my GCSES. English Language/literature, additional science, german, photography, maths, rs, health and social care BTEC, geography etc
I'm studying for my GCSES. English Language/literature, additional science, german, photography, maths, rs, health and social care BTEC, geography etc

No, go back to school. Talk to your teachers about how you were ill (ask your mum or dad to come in and explain), they cannot be angry about illness. Coursework isn't due in yet to exam boards anyway, go back and ask them to help you catch up slowly.
Reply 4
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No, go back to school. Talk to your teachers about how you were ill (ask your mum or dad to come in and explain), they cannot be angry about illness. Coursework isn't due in yet to exam boards anyway, go back and ask them to help you catch up slowly.

my exam board has already passed the deadline date this week

No I think your teachers have, your exam board normally want coursework in during may or june. Look at the website.

Hi Amy,
sorry to hear you are falling behind at school because of your illness. Explore all your options with the school first, which I guess may mean dropping back a year if necessary. If you or the school eventually make the decision to come off the school roll, then we can help with a package of learning material and tutor support to work from home. IGCSE and A level subjects are all covered.
All the best,
Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending