The Student Room Group

Moving countries mid A Levels

I am currently doing my AS in Pakistan from Cambridge (CAIE) but my family is planning on moving to the UAE in the summer of 2024 - how am I supposed to manage doing A2 because I’ve heard that it’s hard to get admission in yr13 and most boards aren’t available in some countries. Staying with a relative is not an option and my brother will be starting his o levels from next year so if we plan to stay for another year he will face the same problem of moving countries mid o levels and getting admission in yr11.
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently doing my AS in Pakistan from Cambridge (CAIE) but my family is planning on moving to the UAE in the summer of 2024 - how am I supposed to manage doing A2 because I’ve heard that it’s hard to get admission in yr13 and most boards aren’t available in some countries. Staying with a relative is not an option and my brother will be starting his o levels from next year so if we plan to stay for another year he will face the same problem of moving countries mid o levels and getting admission in yr11.

Try to get into British Curriculum schools in UAE and it shouldn't be a problem. If you explain your condition of moving, majority of schools will accept. You are in AS and you shouldn't have a problem for A level as you will get adjusted to UAE atmosphere. All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest