The Student Room Group

Advice to face professors

I am currently in my second semester of college at a university. I am a psychology major but I am taking a history class to fulfill my general ed requirements. Most of the class are history majors and really know their stuff when I dont have a clue. I know I will need to go to my professor during the semester but she is very intimidating. I am afraid of getting overly emotional and crying in front of her since that's what happens when I get frustrated or upset. Does anyone have any advice as to how to not lose your cool in front of an intimidating professor?
Original post by Undertakress
I am currently in my second semester of college at a university. I am a psychology major but I am taking a history class to fulfill my general ed requirements. Most of the class are history majors and really know their stuff when I dont have a clue. I know I will need to go to my professor during the semester but she is very intimidating. I am afraid of getting overly emotional and crying in front of her since that's what happens when I get frustrated or upset. Does anyone have any advice as to how to not lose your cool in front of an intimidating professor?

As long as you've been attending lectures and have been trying your best with work, you have absolutely no reason to feel intimidated. Everyone tends to struggle at some point in Uni and you'll look like a much more conscientious and hard working student if you actually go to get help rather than leaving it. At the end of the day, she's there to teach and help you learn so you're not asking her to do anything outside her job description. Don't put pressure on yourself, you know that you have a valid reason to speak to her and she should try to help you in whatever way she can. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending