The Student Room Group

I don't want to go back

I am currently on the physician assisociate course and on intermission and restarting next year

I have worked as a HCA for the past two years and I love it, everyone is so nice and I love the job. Now I don't want to go back to uni, I honestly hated it there, the lecturers were rude to me because I was struggling with the course, I spent most days crying and I just don't want to go back there

The problem is my parents are forcing me to go back, I said can I not re apply next year about they said I may not get a place again and you can't just do this forever

What do I do?
You could always apply to another university and/or subject. You could talk to students doing those courses to see if they have a good experience there.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently on the physician assisociate course and on intermission and restarting next year

I have worked as a HCA for the past two years and I love it, everyone is so nice and I love the job. Now I don't want to go back to uni, I honestly hated it there, the lecturers were rude to me because I was struggling with the course, I spent most days crying and I just don't want to go back there

The problem is my parents are forcing me to go back, I said can I not re apply next year about they said I may not get a place again and you can't just do this forever

What do I do?

Do u have any other career aspirations, maybe u could do a degree and presue a career in that?
Have u taken steps towards making complaints towards ur professors? That may help
Reply 3
Sorry instead of years it was two months I've been working
Reply 4
Original post by Syed998
Do u have any other career aspirations, maybe u could do a degree and presue a career in that?
Have u taken steps towards making complaints towards ur professors? That may help

Hey, I want to either do pa or medicine, as junior doctors are finding things tough I wanted to become a pa for a year then do medicine, I feel like that would be better then just going into medicine even though I am 25 already

What do I do?

Anon,

It might be worthwhile having an honest chat with your parents about how unhappy you have been at university.

They might not realise how tough things have been and they might be able to find ways to support you more, whether that's a regular phone call during the week, coming to visit, or sharing some of their advice when they faced a similar problem or challenge.

What are the reasons you are struggling with the course? Is there anything you might be able to do to reduce those reasons and to make university more bearable? How many years left do you have for your course? Is it possible to transfer? Can you return to your role as a HCA next summer?

Talk to your parents. Talk to your tutor and see if you can find some middle ground.

Maybe it's studying part-time, taking a year out, or seeing if things are different this year with different lecturers.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Hey, I want to either do pa or medicine, as junior doctors are finding things tough I wanted to become a pa for a year then do medicine, I feel like that would be better then just going into medicine even though I am 25 already

Crying at 25?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending