Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    I am due to start on 22nd August as an O at Albert Bridge House, Manchester

Anyone else starting with me by any chance?

Also, does anyone know the difference between Albert Bridge House and Trinty Bridge House?
    ABH and TBH are almost next door to each other. There's only really the river irwell separating the two offices. ABH is the older of the two buildings and from what I've heard is need of renovating but there's little point in doing anything drastic due to the regional centre opening in a few years. ABH is several stories higher but I think TBH has more people working in it. There are Compliance teams in TBH too so you may be popping over some times for meetings or training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    ABH and TBH are almost next door to each other. There's only really the river irwell separating the two offices. ABH is the older of the two buildings and from what I've heard is need of renovating but there's little point in doing anything drastic due to the regional centre opening in a few years. ABH is several stories higher but I think TBH has more people working in it. There are Compliance teams in TBH too so you may be popping over some times for meetings or training.
    Thanks for that - are you working in Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    I started yesterday at trinity bridge house as a ho. Loving it so far!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    So what have your first two days entailed, Sljca?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    Thanks for that - are you working in Manchester?
    Yeah I work in TBH as a band O in PT Operations. I start my HO role in October in Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of induction stuff. I think this is going to be a very interesting job!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hallelujah pre employment checks finally completed wait on vacancy holder......Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    A lot of induction stuff. I think this is going to be a very interesting job!!!
    Hi, just out of interest, did you get your contract of employment in the post before you started, or this week at the start of employment? I'm due to start in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    Hi, just out of interest, did you get your contract of employment in the post before you started, or this week at the start of employment? I'm due to start in a few weeks.
    I got nothing through the post before I started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I got noth
    ing through the post before I started.
    Ok thanks. So I know not to expect anything before I start. Hope your week is still going well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    Ok thanks. So I know not to expect anything before I start. Hope your week is still going well.
    It is!! I am really enjoying myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    It is!! I am really enjoying myself!!!
    Great news. A few more days in my current job and I'm finished.

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else still on reserve for this? And if so, are you even bothering to check your application status anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw1981)
    Is anybody else still on reserve for this? And if so, are you even bothering to check your application status anymore?
    I am but I think it has ended now- it said 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GNH)
    I am but I think it has ended now- it said 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you receive an email asking about working in other locations?

ReputationRep:
    so 3 months after receiving my provisional offer my pre employment checks have finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passed! Awaiting start date now!
    Anyone in Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King86)
    so 3 months after receiving my provisional offer my pre employment checks have finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passed! Awaiting start date now!
    Anyone in Nottingham?
    What a wait.....iust got mine on Tuesday after 3 month wait onwards and upwards now x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pa16)
    What a wait.....iust got mine on Tuesday after 3 month wait onwards and upwards now x
    Well done Pa16 and King86; hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

ReputationRep:
    Completely taken by surprise after receiving a provisional offer for Belfast!!! Was sent an email asking if I would consider Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London, and after hearing nothing since mid-May had given up 99% of hope! Just hope I pass these pre-employment things now! Almost a full year since applying!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got the same email! Can not believe it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.