The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawgrad13
I am due to start on 22nd August as an O at Albert Bridge House, Manchester

Anyone else starting with me by any chance?

Also, does anyone know the difference between Albert Bridge House and Trinty Bridge House?

ABH and TBH are almost next door to each other. There's only really the river irwell separating the two offices. ABH is the older of the two buildings and from what I've heard is need of renovating but there's little point in doing anything drastic due to the regional centre opening in a few years. ABH is several stories higher but I think TBH has more people working in it. There are Compliance teams in TBH too so you may be popping over some times for meetings or training.
Original post by pukahontas
ABH and TBH are almost next door to each other. There's only really the river irwell separating the two offices. ABH is the older of the two buildings and from what I've heard is need of renovating but there's little point in doing anything drastic due to the regional centre opening in a few years. ABH is several stories higher but I think TBH has more people working in it. There are Compliance teams in TBH too so you may be popping over some times for meetings or training.

Thanks for that - are you working in Manchester?
Reply 782
I started yesterday at trinity bridge house as a ho. Loving it so far!!!!!
So what have your first two days entailed, Sljca?
Original post by lawgrad13
Thanks for that - are you working in Manchester?

Yeah I work in TBH as a band O in PT Operations. I start my HO role in October in Leeds.
Reply 785
A lot of induction stuff. I think this is going to be a very interesting job!!!
Reply 786
Hallelujah pre employment checks finally completed wait on vacancy holder......Glasgow
Reply 787
Original post by Sljca
A lot of induction stuff. I think this is going to be a very interesting job!!!

Hi, just out of interest, did you get your contract of employment in the post before you started, or this week at the start of employment? I'm due to start in a few weeks.
Reply 788
Original post by Hayho
Hi, just out of interest, did you get your contract of employment in the post before you started, or this week at the start of employment? I'm due to start in a few weeks.

I got nothing through the post before I started.
Reply 789
Original post by Sljca
I got noth
ing through the post before I started.

Ok thanks. So I know not to expect anything before I start. Hope your week is still going well.
Reply 790
Original post by Hayho
Ok thanks. So I know not to expect anything before I start. Hope your week is still going well.

It is!! I am really enjoying myself!!!
Reply 791
Original post by Sljca
It is!! I am really enjoying myself!!!

Great news. A few more days in my current job and I'm finished.
Is anybody else still on reserve for this? And if so, are you even bothering to check your application status anymore?
Reply 793
Original post by sw1981
Is anybody else still on reserve for this? And if so, are you even bothering to check your application status anymore?

I am but I think it has ended now- it said 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GNH
I am but I think it has ended now- it said 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you receive an email asking about working in other locations?
Reply 795
so 3 months after receiving my provisional offer my pre employment checks have finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passed! Awaiting start date now!
Anyone in Nottingham?
Reply 796
Original post by King86
so 3 months after receiving my provisional offer my pre employment checks have finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passed! Awaiting start date now!
Anyone in Nottingham?

What a wait.....iust got mine on Tuesday after 3 month wait onwards and upwards now x
Original post by Pa16
What a wait.....iust got mine on Tuesday after 3 month wait onwards and upwards now x

Well done Pa16 and King86; hopefully it'll be worth the wait!
Completely taken by surprise after receiving a provisional offer for Belfast!!! Was sent an email asking if I would consider Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London, and after hearing nothing since mid-May had given up 99% of hope! Just hope I pass these pre-employment things now! Almost a full year since applying!
Reply 799
Hi, I got the same email! Can not believe it!

Latest

Trending

Trending