The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Hiya I got a few questions! Would be appreciated if anybody could kindly respond :smile:

When they ask for proof of income what sort of proof do they need, Is tax p60 thing enough or do they need anything else?
When does student finance applications open for 2024?
If they ask for tax proof what year do they need is tax for last year so like 2022-2023 enough?
Original post by Clivier
Hiya I got a few questions! Would be appreciated if anybody could kindly respond :smile:

When they ask for proof of income what sort of proof do they need, Is tax p60 thing enough or do they need anything else?
When does student finance applications open for 2024?
If they ask for tax proof what year do they need is tax for last year so like 2022-2023 enough?

Usually National Insurance numbers are enough for student finance to check household income with HMRC. You will be required to declare other income that HMRC might not know about (eg savings interest, dividends, rental and overseas income), and any deductions that might reduce your household income such as personal pension contributions.

Applications for undergraduates usually open around the end of Feb/early March.

Household income is usually based on earnings for the previous tax years (2022/23 if you're applying to study in 2024/25).
Original post by normaw
Usually National Insurance numbers are enough for student finance to check household income with HMRC. You will be required to declare other income that HMRC might not know about (eg savings interest, dividends, rental and overseas income), and any deductions that might reduce your household income such as personal pension contributions.

Applications for undergraduates usually open around the end of Feb/early March.

Household income is usually based on earnings for the previous tax years (2022/23 if you're applying to study in 2024/25).

Thank you so much! Also what would happen if I have one other sibling also applying this year with me and another next year? Would I get a higher maintenance as my parents can't support the 3 of us.
Original post by Jskamgdhsuajqn
Thank you so much! Also what would happen if I have one other sibling also applying this year with me and another next year? Would I get a higher maintenance as my parents can't support the 3 of us.

An allowance is deducted from houshold income for each dependant child. The deduction is around £1,130 per child (caveat - I can't find recent figures for this).
Original post by normaw
An allowance is deducted from houshold income for each dependant child. The deduction is around £1,130 per child (caveat - I can't find recent figures for this).

Does that make much of a difference you think?
Original post by Jskamgdhsuajqn
Does that make much of a difference you think?

Probably not. You could have a play around on the student finance calculator if you have an idea what your household income is and then reduce it with the allowances for your siblings.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator
Original post by normaw
Probably not. You could have a play around on the student finance calculator if you have an idea what your household income is and then reduce it with the allowances for your siblings.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Thank you so much for your kind help, I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending