The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What email address did you send this to? I'm getting no response...
Reply 1441
Original post by rachie93
I've just had a response stating "they are unable to advise on locations as this is currently being determined by the business".

I'm guessing we will have to wait until we get a formal offer.

Different campaign, but I got my offer for the place I applied for. I believe most people did.
Reply 1442
Original post by 11222333abc
What email address did you send this to? I'm getting no response...

try this e&[email protected]
Original post by Litts
Just had this: "Following completion of pre-employment checks we will confirm the details of the role and start date once a formal offer is issued."

Not exactly answering my question!:angry:

Which address did u email? Pm me if you want I sent an email to CSR resourcing and the E&C recruitment team

When I called up this afternoon I spoke to someone who is dealing with the internal recruitment campaign. She said this is the correct email address and they have a 5 day turn around for responses.

I received a response within 2 days.
Original post by rachie93
When I called up this afternoon I spoke to someone who is dealing with the internal recruitment campaign. She said this is the correct email address and they have a 5 day turn around for responses.

I received a response within 2 days.

Yep that is the correct email address - I also got a response within two days. Despite now being internal (external at the time of application), they have confirmed that I still have to supply my reference details and complete the other information required in the 'next stage' section on the portal.
Hi guys, new to this board. I'm planning on applying for the 042R Higher Officer Caseworkers (External) - liverpool or mancheater, which is due to open on 19th Sept. Am I in the correct thread or is there a different thread I should join? Thanks :wink:
Reply 1447
Original post by sd1983
Hi guys, new to this board. I'm planning on applying for the 042R Higher Officer Caseworkers (External) - liverpool or mancheater, which is due to open on 19th Sept. Am I in the correct thread or is there a different thread I should join? Thanks :wink:

You're fine in this thread. We've got people on at least 2 different recruitment campaigns here, possibly even 3. Though some of our information may not be relevant due to TraineeAcc telling us that the new campaign is being run differently.
Original post by Smaack
You're fine in this thread. We've got people on at least 2 different recruitment campaigns here, possibly even 3. Though some of our information may not be relevant due to TraineeAcc telling us that the new campaign is being run differently.

Ah ok then, thanks for responding. :smile:
Original post by Smaack

I'm assuming you are referring to the HO recruitment drive and manpower. I've spoken to someone currently working at HMRC and he has stated he believes the TSP proces will be as usual. Hopefully he is correct.
Reply 1450
Original post by gingerwizard
I'm assuming you are referring to the HO recruitment drive and manpower. I've spoken to someone currently working at HMRC and he has stated he believes the TSP proces will be as usual. Hopefully he is correct.

I was only quoting TraineeAcc, I dont really know much about the recruitment process as I'm still waiting to start.

Can anyone tell me how long your training is for the HO role? How much is classroom, desk based, and shadowing?
Reply 1451
Can anyone who received a provisional offer for the Stage 3 post (internal civil service) confirm whether you have gone straight into offer confirmed or do you still have to go through the pre-employment checks?
Reply 1452
So I emailed HMRC regarding the pre-employment checks and how long the process will take as I have been waiting over a month now and this was the reply:

'Please continue to check the civil service jobs site and your e-mails for updates. Ensure you check your junk mail folder.'

I don't get how they can't tell us any details and just give us a vague reply. This whole process has been tedious!
Original post by Smaack
I was only quoting TraineeAcc, I dont really know much about the recruitment process as I'm still waiting to start.

Can anyone tell me how long your training is for the HO role? How much is classroom, desk based, and shadowing?

Ours is 26 weeks; mainly e-learning with approx 15 face to face tutorials over the period.
Original post by Doll Parts
Ours is 26 weeks; mainly e-learning with approx 15 face to face tutorials over the period.

Is e - learning just sitting at a computer for 26 weeks or what exactly does that involve ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamz115
Is e - learning just sitting at a computer for 26 weeks or what exactly does that involve ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bingo! Yes the e-learning is just on the computer. There are a few tutorials, some job shadowing and some desk work, but at the moment it's probably 70% e-learning (for example I have done 24hrs+ e-learning this wk)
Original post by Litts
Can anyone who received a provisional offer for the Stage 3 post (internal civil service) confirm whether you have gone straight into offer confirmed or do you still have to go through the pre-employment checks?

I PMed you my journey lol..
Reply 1457
Original post by memoryfish
I PMed you my journey lol..

Not had it :s-smilie:
Original post by Doll Parts
Bingo! Yes the e-learning is just on the computer. There are a few tutorials, some job shadowing and some desk work, but at the moment it's probably 70% e-learning (for example I have done 24hrs+ e-learning this wk)

How many weeks you done so far? Only thing I'm concerned about is the maths element. If it's so advanced however people have said the training is really good which is easing my concerns somewhat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daj19
So I emailed HMRC regarding the pre-employment checks and how long the process will take as I have been waiting over a month now and this was the reply:

'Please continue to check the civil service jobs site and your e-mails for updates. Ensure you check your junk mail folder.'

I don't get how they can't tell us any details and just give us a vague reply. This whole process has been tedious!

In the email which gave the provision offer of employment, it stated that pre-employment checks can take up to 20 working days - which is 4 weeks.

We can therefore assume that we will receive a response by w.c. 10th October 2016.

Latest

Trending

Trending