The Student Room Group

Complicated issue - advice needed

Hey guys, I'm at a crossroads situation and just want to know what you guys think or if any of you has faced or heard of anyone else facing this.

I am an international applicant and has just received my final medicine rejection post-interview from Imperial at (of course) 22:01 tonight. I have been studying in the UK for 5 years now, having completed GCSEs (4A*6As) and ASs (AAAB). My dream is to become a doctor and work in England for the rest of my life. My wish now is to take a gap year and seek more work experience in England (I also have a girlfriend whom I love here) and re-apply, which is however, unlikely as I can't get a study visa to stay here without a university place. My current A levels study visa expires in September. I could go back to my home country for the time being and re-apply next year, but doing so will break the streak of my years inhabiting England which may hinder my obtaining of a settled or citizenship status in the future, and means I'll have to pay the full international tuition without the chance to change my fee status, and I don't want to place that financial burden on my family.

What is there I can do? Is there any way for me to stay in England for just another year as I re-apply? Any advice and help is appreciated :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending