The Student Room Group

What are exams like for business and management (any university)?

I am planning to apply for Business and Management at university however I have to admit, I'm not the best at essay writing. Just couple of questions:
1) How much essay writing is there in general?
2)What are the exams like? I.e. Are they factual recall questions from the course with some sort of application or are they questions which will require long essay type answers?
3) If it is mainly essay writing, are there any other courses I could do business related which has less emphasis on essays?

Thanks in advance
Original post by MarkHenry123
I am planning to apply for Business and Management at university however I have to admit, I'm not the best at essay writing. Just couple of questions:
2)What are the exams like? I.e. Are they factual recall questions from the course with some sort of application or are they questions which will require long essay type answers?
3) If it is mainly essay writing, are there any other courses I could do business related which has less emphasis on essays?

Thanks in advance

There will be a a lot of essay writing - even as part of group work and most will include a project or dissertation.

Yes - your understanding of what will be asked in exams is correct :smile:

When researching courses make sure you look at how modules are assessed, every course will be very different.
Thanks very much. Really appreciate the heads up :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MarkHenry123

Thanks in advance

Hi Mark,
What universities are you looking at to study business and management?
It all depends on which university as each has their own teaching style. I study at Newman University in Birmingham and I'm in my first year. So far I only had 2 tests last semester which made up 30% of my grade and have none this year. We were given support on how the tests works and how to revise so it could depend on where you want to go :smile: As for essays I have the most I've done is 4 assignments for a module but they mostly ranged from 1-2 assignments due at the end so everything we learned built up to the assignments. Maybe that's just the teaching style her but because we are a smaller uni and have smaller class sizes we get more out of lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending