Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Exactly. What are they supposed to do sit back and watch someone die?

At the end of the day it's a Gorilla. Just get a new one.
    Yeah if it was my kid I'd get the staff to a 360 no scope on that Gorilla. I wouldn't be calling for no tranquilizers dart on a animal that could lash out suddenly. Liability was completely with the Zoo anyway.

I feel people generally put too much value on the lives of pets and animals. It's a western thing I guess

ReputationRep:
    Gorilla genetics amaze me. 180kilos of solid muscle mass and all they eat is kale.

Damn.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on the best track on Views being Still Here/Faithful ?

Can't stop listening to these

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

That's a lifeform you're talking about, something which has as much right to live on this planet as us.

Tranquillisers should have been used if possible.

The only really opinion I have on it is that the parent should have to answer some serious questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    That's a lifeform you're talking about, something which has as much right to live on this planet as us.

The only really opinion I have on it is that the parent should have to answer some serious questions.
    This is a male silverback gorilla we are talking about. Gorrillas understand emotion just as well as humans do. Tranquelising the gorilla would have risked the child getting hurt (it was literally holding onto the kid.... I mean just look at lions or wild chimpanzees that get tranquelised and see how violent they get after they get hit).

They made the right choice to shoot it however it is unfortunate that such a remarkable species had to lose its life. The parents do have questions to answer though, I agree.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Tranquillisers should have been used if possible

and watch the child probably get killed before they take effect?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    The zoo requires questioning as to how the **** it was possible
    The parents should face questioning for how the **** the child was allowed to get in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    yep, they've already explained why they didn't use tranquilisers, would take too long to kick in. Needed to be stopped there and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    The zoo requires questioning as to how the **** it was possible
    This, no idea how a 4 year old can just wander into a Gorilla enclosure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    This, no idea how a 4 year old can just wander into a Gorilla enclosure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The child should be taken into care, as the parents are obviously incapable of looking after it.

ReputationRep:
    From the video, it seemed like the parent was the one recording? Either that or the parent was really close to the person who was recording.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Good point.

Other point still stands.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

The parents are absolute morons, but suggesting tranquilizers is equally as moronic because they take half an hour to kick in.

Like Sr said, get a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    The parents are absolute morons, but suggesting tranquilizers is equally as moronic because they take half an hour to kick in.

Like Sr said, get a new one.
    God bless your soul

ReputationRep:
    God bless your soul
    Are you genuinely advocating for the life of a bloody gorilla to take priority over a child?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Probably feel that their opinions are credible after watching George of the Jungle.

ReputationRep:

You've had a mare tbh zeddy.

Humans are the dominant species on this planet and - whether it's right or wrong - our lives will always be viewed as more important than that of an animal.

Tranquillisers wouldn't have worked and the risk wouldn't have been taken anyway. If it were your kid I doubt you'd have the view you have here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Probably feel that their opinions are credible after watching George of the Jungle.
    disappointed you didn't say Jungle 2 Jungle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.