Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    I picked the first question, and messed up. It asked for two women, but I misread and only analysed one.... ugh... Wonder how many marks I'll lose. That being said, I did go into quite a lot of detail with Abigail, so I'm hoping I'll still get SOME.
    Seriously don't worry about it!
    I bet you did better than me and i did two women
    What do you think about grade boundaries will be like? I need a B but idk sounds like everyone else did amazing
    Anyway, good luck with poetry on Friday and anything else you have in-between!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the Kindertransport section?
    How did it go?
    What question did you answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee08)
    Overall I wrote 2.5 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAM including both sections
    I wrote similar, I wrote about 3 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAN but rushed it so bad because I literally spent 11 minutes on the whole section for OMAN, yet I still managed to get a high A, almost an A* in that same exam.

I did the exam last year June 2015.

5 pages overall is enough. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKDbbb)
    I literally did the same thing what do u think will happen ?
    Honestly no idea. I have a feeling that we probably won't be getting over 20 marks. But hope for the best! I'm counting on my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be spot on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    The grade boundaries are going to be high for that exam. Apparently it's 38/68 for a C.
    WHAT!?!!!! *goes to get gun and shoots self in head just like George did to Lennie*
    I'm dead then… and it will probably be higher this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    The grade boundaries are going to be high for that exam. Apparently it's 38/68 for a C.
    Lol that will probably be a B, or 1-2 marks off it at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123moon)
    WHAT!?!!!! *goes to get gun and shoots self in head just like George did to Lennie*
    I'm dead then… and it will probably be higher this year
    I can't see it go that high. It was higher for my exam last year in June 2015 than June 2014 and 13.

38/68 will most likely be a B, or 1 mark off it lol.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anygy;65074713]Honestly no idea. I have a feeling that we probably won't be getting over 20 marks. But hope for the best! I'm counting on my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be spot on [/QUOTE

But the thing is i did contrast rebecca like probably 2 or at least 3 times to abigail in detail

ReputationRep:
    Seriously don't worry about it!
    I bet you did better than me and i did two women
    What do you think about grade boundaries will be like? I need a B but idk sounds like everyone else did amazing
    Anyway, good luck with poetry on Friday and anything else you have in-between!
    Last year, you needed at least 45/68 for an A ( 37/68 for a B) and the boundaries only seem to be getting higher bit by bit Eh, hopefully I didn't lose TOO many marks, but I'm worried content-wise. I feel like they asked for two characters for a reason

You'll probably get what you're aiming for!! And good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    No it's not guys panic over i've just looked it up you acc needed 30/68 for a C last year June 2015 and for a B it was 37
    (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write about in the TKAM question?
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, wow, you did the whole of OMAM in 10 minutes. I would die😂

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AKDbbb;65074817]
    (Original post by Anygy)
    Honestly no idea. I have a feeling that we probably won't be getting over 20 marks. But hope for the best! I'm counting on my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be spot on [/QUOTE

But the thing is i did contrast rebecca like probably 2 or at least 3 times to abigail in detail
    Well then you did a lot better than me! That probably counts as two characters. I only compared Abigail to Elizabeth in like ... one sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee08)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, wow, you did the whole of OMAM in 10 minutes. I would die😂
    I actually thought I did die. I asked the invigilator: How much time do we have left?

She/he said: ehh... 11 minutes.

I almost got a cardiac arrest as I just turned to the Of Mice and Men question + misread it slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    I wrote similar, I wrote about 3 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAN but rushed it so bad because I literally spent 11 minutes on the whole section for OMAN, yet I still managed to get a high A, almost an A* in that same exam.

I did the exam last year June 2015.

5 pages overall is enough. Good luck!
    Thank you. Wow, you did OMAM in 10 minutes, I would die 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    Last year, you needed at least 45/68 for an A ( 37/68 for a B) and the boundaries only seem to be getting higher bit by bit Eh, hopefully I didn't lose TOO many marks, but I'm worried content-wise. I feel like they asked for two characters for a reason

You'll probably get what you're aiming for!! And good luck to you too!
    Thank you! Trust me I've realised the hard way but GSCEs are all about confidence so if you have that you'll be fine and don't worry! We are all in this together

ReputationRep:
    Wait you were suppose to compare the two women? Oh FML Thank you so much AQA i thought you were better than Edexcel but clearly you are as bad as each other

ReputationRep:
    Well then you did a lot better than me! That probably counts as two characters. I only compared Abigail to Elizabeth in like ... one sentence.
    Wait you were suppose to compare? Oh FML Thank you so much AQA i thought you were better than Edexcel but clearly you are as bad as each other [/QUOTE]

Not sure if you had to compare. Maybe you just had to analyse two characters.
    But I didn't do any of that anyways, I literally wrote ''Act one ends with Abigail and the final act ends with Elizabeth so this shows their contrasting personalities'' and that was IT

ReputationRep:
    For AQA, its 27 for a C, 35 for a B, 43 for an A and thats OMAM and AIC added together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Trust me I've realised the hard way but GSCEs are all about confidence so if you have that you'll be fine and don't worry! We are all in this together
    Very true! Maybe I'll get a surprise on results day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.