The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohit5148
First post on the second page of my posts.

You received an email whereas someone else was told directly after the interview that it was based solely on interview performance. I think it might be worth someone calling them to ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, it's holistic post-interview:
Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 11.59.55.png

here
Original post by Rifdhy
here

First post on the second page of my posts.

many thanks!!!
Original post by Pantego
I'm also really confused by this. How are they going to score other areas? How are grads gonna be compared to a level students? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When it means holistic you're going to be awarded on your own merit rather than how you compare to others.
Original post by spikyphoenix
Well then you're going to have to take this at face value.

"If A-level's are easier, why isn't everyone doing them?"
Weak argument mate. Way more people do A levels than IB. One exam board doesn't not have to be completely subscribed to by the entire population for a pattern to be seen. You could ask the same question of IB - "If IB is easier, why isn't everyone doing them?". See? This doesn't do anything.
More people do A levels than IB. This difference is in a completely different order of magnitude. In May 2016 there were 150k IB students of the graduating cohort in the world (http://www.ibo.org/contentassets/bc850970f4e54b87828f83c7976a4db6/dp-statistical-bulletin-may-2016-en.pdf). The graduating cohort of a level students for 2014 IN THE UK was 260k candidates (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/426646/A_level_subject_take-up.pdf).

I'm sorry I just had to after seeing this photo
Are there any other IB, EU students who are still waiting?
Original post by domi98
Are there any other IB, EU students who are still waiting?

Yep, Italian student here (not IB). Still haven't heard back from KCL.. I'm kind of starting to worry but let's stay positive and hope for the best ☺️
Original post by marco.branco
Yep, Italian student here (not IB). Still haven't heard back from KCL.. I'm kind of starting to worry but let's stay positive and hope for the best ☺️

Hi! I'm Polish :wink: My friend heard back from them about a week ago. She got rejected but she kinda expected that tho. I guess there's sill hope for us...
Anyone have an interview today (tuesday)?
Original post by domi98
Hi! I'm Polish :wink: My friend heard back from them about a week ago. She got rejected but she kinda expected that tho. I guess there's sill hope for us...

Oh i'm sorry for your friend, but at least we didn't get rejected yet haha

I read on their website that they interview as late as april sometimes, especially international/non uk students, so I guess there's still hope for us!
Original post by marco.branco
Oh i'm sorry for your friend, but at least we didn't get rejected yet haha

I read on their website that they interview as late as april sometimes, especially international/non uk students, so I guess there's still hope for us!

Yeah I've seen that too! If I get an interview I bet it will be April1st xD
Original post by Cherub012
Anyone have an interview today (tuesday)?

I did, did you?
Original post by StationToStation
I did, did you?

Yep. 11.30?
Original post by Cherub012
Yep. 11.30?

Ah I had mine at 15.45. How did you find it? I'm not really sure how mine went but at least the stations weren't as bad as I had expected them to be based on what some people said here :biggrin:
Ah I had mine at 15.45. How did you find it? I'm not really sure how mine went but at least the stations weren't as bad as I had expected them to be based on what some people said here :biggrin:

Did you have that one guy who just asked the question and stared at you the rest of the time?
Original post by plutojupitermars
Did you have that one guy who just asked the question and stared at you the rest of the time?

Uhhh maybe? He asked multiple questions during the station but a couple of times when I finished he just stared at me and smiled until I continued lol.
when do they stop giving out interviews? I still haven't heard back :redface:

I didn't think my answers were too bad except for one or two stations. But a lot of things I prepared for never came up. Annoyed at that.
Does anyone know when Kings will start sending out offers?
Original post by lsbb789
Does anyone know when Kings will start sending out offers?

Only they know :P
And they told us at the interview that if you call and ask, they will give you a generic reply saying it could be anytime from now till march.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending