The Student Room Group

Native language exam.. extra UCAS points?

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you know if by doind an A level exam in your native language, will you be receivig extra UCAS points?
Reply 1
Original post by baffled_679
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you know if by doind an A level exam in your native language, will you be receivig extra UCAS points?

Yeah course, esp if you get an A* that's a ton of points. Unless your uni offer states it's only including the other subjects you do or it specifies "excluding ..."
Original post by baffled_679
Hello,

Many universities specifically exclude native language A levels from their offers, so you cannot count on it at all. Some do allow it, but it will vary from course to course, so you will have to ask each university for its stance individually. There is no general rule.
Reply 3
Original post by JohnGreek
It most probably will - it's an exam after all - but some universities may discount it in your offer if they are aware that it's your native language and as such an 'easier' subject.

I can't speak for all unis or courses here, but last year, the Chinese gals/girls who received offers from LSE at my school were given them on the condition that they got the grades in A-Levels other than Mandarin. However, this obviously may not apply everywhere, so perhaps you could contact the uni you have or are thinking of applying to and ask them whether the exam will count towards the offer?

Thank you, that was very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest