The Student Room Group

What do you think of the name Hyde as a first name?

Scroll to see replies

Hyde was a rapist and a murderer in the book so...
It's meh, better than Hector, though.
Original post by xobeauty
Tanned skinned from the sun, abs, dark hair light mysterious eyes.

I'm extra but that's what I picture:tea:

Hmm intersting haha :smile:
I think a no...

Hyde is a bad area in Manchester as far as I'm aware no other connotations just definitely wouldn't name my child it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm intersting haha :smile:

I never heard of anyone with that name is it an actual name or just being creative
Original post by xobeauty
I never heard of anyone with that name is it an actual name or just being creative

just being creative, I thought it sounded pretty cool but the vast majority of people here seem to disagree haha
Nah, sounds like you're trying too hard to be fashionable if you name your kid that. It's too far in the same category as Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and and Harper Seven.

Works fine as a surname though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hyde and Jekyll. :biggrin:
Original post by Little Popcorns
I think a no...

Hyde is a bad area in Manchester as far as I'm aware no other connotations just definitely wouldn't name my child it.

I actually already know that, because I've watched the TV show 'Life on Mars' :tongue:

Watch it! It's good :smile:
Original post by Little Popcorns
I think a no...

What?! Are you serious?! No other bad connotations? What about Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde? Ever read that novel?
Hyde sound like some nazi scenticst called hidric
Original post by lustawny
What?! Are you serious?! No other bad connotations? What about Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde? Ever read that novel?

It was pretty good though.
Original post by Lawbringer
It was pretty good though.

Definitely! Louis Stevenson was a genius. I need to read it again, though, because it was a long time ago that I first read it. I must have been about 13/14, I think.
Definitely! Louis Stevenson was a genius. I need to read it again, though, because it was a long time ago that I first read it. I must have been about 13/14, I think.

It was a very good book, I am glad I was privileged enough to have great teacher that had us read that instead of some play lol.
I quite like it tbh. Well I don't mind it.
i like it
Original post by shawtyb
i like it

Really? Why, exactly?
Really? Why, exactly?

Just do
Reply 58

I have a complete collection of RLS on my bookcase :tongue:

Original post by fire_and_ice
It's meh, better than Hector, though.

Hector would be weird on a white Anglo guy but if he's Spanish or Mexican it's fine.
Sounds badass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending