The Student Room Group

Who's actually dated an east asian who is non asian?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah... She hasn't told her parents and doesn't really intend to either for any foreseable future. Her parents are the sort that believes you should marry someone first, then move in with them, and only then have sex with them... Suffice to say she doesn't agree with that order of events xD

Oh and I'm an atheist... Even if I'm a moral one, her parents aren't going to see it like that. They assume most white people binge drink endlessly, taking their cocaine as they please. Ironically I'm the one that doesn't drink and she's the one that binge drinks fairly often and smokes the odd bud haha. If only her poor parents knew...

#problems of Asian parents.
Reply 61
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
:rofl: *dead*

Its ridiculous to assume all Asians are conservative and racist, its like saying all white people are liberal and tolerant.
Reply 62
Original post by Justmoll28
I understand perfectly. You do realise how racist youre being right now dont you? White people have a culture, just because we are mire open minded than others doesnt mean we dont have a culture? How narrow minded of you to think like that. The asian culture isnt 'very enjoyable' to some people so you need to realise that and get off your high horse:smile: and if you have such an issue with them not looking like you then dont date them? Problem solved.

I think you received what i was saying in a completely different way.
I apologise if what i said sounded like an attack on white people, its not that i am narrow minded, i see people and not colour. Asian culture for me is quite enjoyable, there are many cultures that are enjoyable aswell. This is why people never say the truth, they get offended. I don't have a problem with anyone be it white, blacks, mexicans. What i mean is, you might be able to form a connection with personality, similar humour, similar backgrounds, but the deeper connection comes from indulging in the same culture.
Reply 63
Original post by 999tigger
Thats hilarious

Original post by Justmoll28
They clearly didnt study history, how embarrasing on their part

Well obviously they do have a culture. But its not as explicit as other cultures.
And plus white people covers a wide variety such as swedish, dutch, polish, russians etc they're all white.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Wired_1800
I have heard of the bleaching and plastic surgery epidemic in HK, Korea and China

I think that most of the stories about black people are untrue. It is sad that people will generalise and stereotype black people as being dangerous or less intelligent.There are black students in Harvard, Cambridge plus Princeton and they are performing as good as their Asian and White mates. I agree that they may be inthe minority, but many clever black students fail to get places because ofother factors including socioeconomic. For example, a Chinese person may go to study at Cambridge on a Government Scholarship, but it may be impossible for a Nigerian student to do the same.

I have heard that manystereotypes against black people are based on bias and sometimes racism. The good thing is that younger people from East Asia may not hold the prejudice of their parents and they are open to dating people from other races. Unfortunately, they still have to please their parents and family by bringing home someone their family will approve.

Sorry to derail the conversation.

Are you black an interested in asians?
Reply 65
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I would :heart: to date a east Asian girl #goals :drool:

Why>
Reply 66
I've dated a chinese guy before and there were no issues. His parents were supportive and even said that we would make beautiful and exotic looking children xD but they've been living here for ages so maybe thats why
Original post by Maker
Its ridiculous to assume all Asians are conservative and racist, its like saying all white people are liberal and tolerant.

:lolwut:
Original post by ivy.98
I've dated a chinese guy before and there were no issues. His parents were supportive and even said that we would make beautiful and exotic looking children xD but they've been living here for ages so maybe thats why

Yeah, I think it depends on the generation of the parents. If their parents are first-gen, it's going to be more difficult, usually. Singaporeans tend to be quite a lot more open though than let's say Thai parents would be.
Original post by PikahBoo
I think you received what i was saying in a completely different way.
I apologise if what i said sounded like an attack on white people, its not that i am narrow minded, i see people and not colour. Asian culture for me is quite enjoyable, there are many cultures that are enjoyable aswell. This is why people never say the truth, they get offended. I don't have a problem with anyone be it white, blacks, mexicans. What i mean is, you might be able to form a connection with personality, similar humour, similar backgrounds, but the deeper connection comes from indulging in the same culture.

my boyfriend and I have the same culture? he was born in england too
Reply 70
Dated a Chinese girl. Some people were not happy lol.
Original post by kkboyk
Dated a Chinese girl. Some people were not happy lol.

Who was not happy with your relationship?
Reply 72
East Asians are the most popular in gay culture, way more than Indians or Blacks.

Quick Reply

Latest