The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paparazzo
The impression I was left with from the e-mail was that everybody had been put on a reserve list. Maybe that's wishful thinking though. :P

Yes I believe everyone is put on the reserve list until they can decide who to put where etc
Original post by 29RissaRissa
Hi have DWP requested any references from you?

No they haven't not yet, I think that comes after they offer you a position, if they do that is
When I was put on the reserve list in April, we all asked where we were in the list, one of my colleagues was 86th, she is now third but has been for a month. The offices she requested have now been fully staffed
Original post by mistycally
When I was put on the reserve list in April, we all asked where we were in the list, one of my colleagues was 86th, she is now third but has been for a month. The offices she requested have now been fully staffed

How can you find out?
Original post by Cbailey94
How can you find out?

You email the contact on the initial advert.

Just email and ask for your current position on the reserve list.

They are fine with this, I've become friendly with my contact now and works on the same office
I have just received an email and been told I'm on the reserve list for Merseyside area. What are the chances of actually getting a position?
Original post by Dee12445555
I have just received an email and been told I'm on the reserve list for Merseyside area. What are the chances of actually getting a position?

I'd say quite high.. Majority of the people on this forum were originally on a reserve list, obviously there were some longer than others.

You can ask what position you are by emailing the contact in the job advert which may give you a better idea.
Original post by Lewisj7
I'd say quite high.. Majority of the people on this forum were originally on a reserve list, obviously there were some longer than others.

You can ask what position you are by emailing the contact in the job advert which may give you a better idea.

Oh that's good then! I hope I get a place my scores where quite good 7766 x
Has anyone had a offer or reserve list from Merseyside district today?
Oh that's good then! I hope I get a place my scores where quite good 7766 x

Great scores you shouldn't be waiting long at all for an offer.. It may be that the whole region is on reserve before offers that's what they did in S Wales. My scores were a lot lower than yours and I only waited 3 weeks until a provisional offer! Good luck!

Same here Dee, got the same scores also.
Original post by Aljomac
Same here Dee, got the same scores also.

Hey, was it for Merseyside? X
[QUOTE="Lewisj7;72893954"]Great scores you shouldn't be waiting long at all for an offer.. It may be that the whole region is on reserve before offers that's what they did in S Wales. My scores were a lot lower than yours and I only waited 3 weeks until a provisional offer! Good luck![/QUOTE
Wow that's brilliant :smile: I feel a little bit better now thanks x
Hey, was it for Merseyside? X

Yes, I have preferenced about 8 offices in various clusters, so I will just have to wai and see.
Original post by Aljomac
Yes, I have preferenced about 8 offices in various clusters, so I will just have to wai and see.

Good luck! I really hope we get something. I ticked the whole area haha!
Original post by Aljomac

Have you been applying for anymore civil service jobs? Had anymore interviews?
Have my interview on Monday, any advice from you guys that have already done the process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Original post by Armymedic2016
Have my interview on Monday, any advice from you guys that have already done the process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hey just be confident, remember your competencies. You might have to alter them slightly as the question might not fit your answer. I thought I did terrible and I did well so you'll be surprised. Good luck x
Good luck! I really hope we get something. I ticked the whole area haha!

Lets hope so. Good luck and keep us updated.
Have you been applying for anymore civil service jobs? Had anymore interviews?

Yes, had an interview in Preston for a call centre role in the Pension Service which was for Preston and Warrington, scored 25/28 and was put on the reserve list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending