The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diamondcy
Guys could you tell me how long after passing your DBS checks they gave you a ring with a start date? I passed mine today. Anybody know a ballpark figure for a time frame before they call?

if they are recruiting a group together then its when all the other people's checks and notices are completed they will give you a start date,,,,,,,im also waiting....
Original post by sonasona
hi everyone
wondering what are the hours like? i know they say work untill 8 but I don't think they actually make staff work these hours? anyone?

thank you

From my understanding, only some will be open till late, dependong on the demand.
if they are recruiting a group together then its when all the other people's checks and notices are completed they will give you a start date,,,,,,,im also waiting....

How long has it been since you received the email?
got the email on last thursday

what about you?

I received the email on tuesday, and yeaterday they gave me a call offering me a place. Start date 30th jan. But my location wasn't abailable. I have to travel for 1hr to get to work
Its my fourth day here.. in training and e-learninh but the job centre is great.. staff are really lovely!! Best of luck to you all.
Original post by mshah786
Its my fourth day here.. in training and e-learninh but the job centre is great.. staff are really lovely!! Best of luck to you all.

Congratulations! Well done
Same here it's not my nearest job centre but I can make it in about 46-55 minutes
I received the email on tuesday, and yeaterday they gave me a call offering me a place. Start date 30th jan. But my location wasn't abailable. I have to travel for 1hr to get to work

Wow that's really quick
Are you starting as a work coach?
Wow that's really quick
Are you starting as a work coach?

Yeah, work coach. Althought I really want to enter the fast stream next year. I tried the application but it was really hard. I didn't get through.
Yeah, work coach. Althought I really want to enter the fast stream next year. I tried the application but it was really hard. I didn't get through.

best wishes for next time
Quick question for those who have just started recently, I start on the 6th Feb, could anyone answer when my first pay day would be, as I'm trying to budget the cross over from old job to this one with the other half, would I be paid end of Feb or because I missed beginning of month have to wait until end of march to be paid for the first time?
best wishes for next time

Thanks, Appreciate it 👌🏻

I'm pretty sure the cut off date should be middle of the month.
Original post by doughnut18
Quick question for those who have just started recently, I start on the 6th Feb, could anyone answer when my first pay day would be, as I'm trying to budget the cross over from old job to this one with the other half, would I be paid end of Feb or because I missed beginning of month have to wait until end of march to be paid for the first time?

You can ask for a advance if your short, all new staff can request a advance i think its half the wage for that month, Not entierly sure but the option is there!

you will be paid from the 6th of feb at the end of the month, make sure to input your bank details as soon as you have access on the system,otherwise they will send you a cheque, cut off is the 16th of the month so have your p45 ready as well so you don't get emergency taxed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Awesome, thanks very much for your help
Hiya,

Did anyone who is still on the reserve list receive a phone call today or yesterday?

I received a call from DWP yesterday to ask whether I was still available and if I would like a work coach role in my first choice location. Said yes to both then she said they will contact me again shortly. For those who were previously on the waiting list, did you experience this?
I wish that they had stated that the districts that you applied for were no longer available. I was offered other areas but there is no certainty that there will be anywhere of my choice available in the near future. It seems that the recruiting was a waste of time!!!
Hi Guys still waiting while checks are done....I don't know what hours I will be working or days etc is it worth giving them a call or is it just a waiting game from now ? :frown:
Sasha I received an email yesterday stating there were going to be new work coach vacancies advertised online in the next week or so. They said those still on reserve list will be offered posts first and they gave me a list of locations to choose from. Still not holding out much hope though, I'm not willing to travel because I'm currently spending £220 a month on trains and I'm getting married next year so I've only picked the two closest locations.
Sasha212 and trojka08. Are you guys applying in London?
I'm east Scotland.
Original post by chickenandrice
Sasha212 and trojka08. Are you guys applying in London?

Hiya

Yes I applied for a role in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending