The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

:banana: GCSE SCIENCE THREAD! :banana:
Hey guys!
I decided it was best to create one of these threads as we are ever closer to starting our exams!
:party:

Ok a recap of our exams
So we have 9 written exams, three for Chemistry, three for physics and three for biology.
Here is the specification for Chemistry, Biology and Physics :h:

:eek: Important Dates :eek:

Biology B1: 17th May 2016 (PM)
Biology B2: 10th June 2016 (AM)
Biology B3: 10th June 2016 (AM)

Chemistry C1: 19th May 2016 (AM)
Chemistry C2: 15th June 2016 (PM)
Chemistry C3: 15th June 2016 (PM)

Physics P1: 25th May 2016 (PM)
Physics P2: 17th June 2016 (AM)
Physics P3: 17th June 2016 (AM)

:s-smilie:This thread:s-smilie:

Here you can ask any questions, whether it is about the exams, or the content...I would be happy to help! :biggrin:

We can also post any predictions on what we think will come up in the exams!

:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:

Resources
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse <-------------- Link for past papers...
http://pastpapers.org/aqa-past-papers <----------- Old spec Past Papers, very useful for finding interesting questions!

Unofficial Mark Schemes

Biology Unit 1
Chemistry Unit 1
Physics Unit 1
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homeland.lsw
X

I'll post the link in the GCSE threads directory thing, if you want. :woo:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I'll post the link in the GCSE threads directory thing, if you want. :woo:

What's that?
What's that?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3928537

Or you can do it - maybe quote Tank Girl so that she sees it.
I'll post my predictions of the B1 paper that I posted on another thread a day or two ago on this thread later today!

Good thread opened...thanks!! :smile:
Reply 5
Does anybody think the grade boundaries will increase?
And also how much does controlled assessment boast your grade up by?
Original post by 0lut0

I got 44 in Physics ISA, 45 in Biology ISA and 47 in Chemistry ISA (hoping that is around 98 UMS).
I received the times of the exams that I have and there is a 30 min break between the end of P2 and start of P3, is this a mistake or is there a break in between?
Reply 7
How much revision has everyone been doing over the holidays? Tired of doing past papers lol....
Reply 8
Does anybody have the 2015 Papers for Chemistry and Physics? I have already done Biology last year. I have Chemistry and Physics left.
Reply 9
Original post by Bob Stanley
I got 44 in Physics ISA, 45 in Biology ISA and 47 in Chemistry ISA (hoping that is around 98 UMS).
I received the times of the exams that I have and there is a 30 min break between the end of P2 and start of P3, is this a mistake or is there a break in between?

Oh okay, I got low A's in my ISA. On my timetable it says that both exams are at 9:00.
Original post by 0lut0
Oh okay, I got low A's in my ISA. On my timetable it says that both exams are at 9:00.

Both exams are straight after each other for P2 and P3 etc, However you will get a break in-between:smile:
Original post by 0lut0

On my timetable it said P2 started at 9 and P3 started at 10:35 but thanks for clearing it up.
Hey guys i do triple and AQA
What do you guys think of unit 2 and 3 being on the same days?
Which exam would be the easiest?
I think some schools work differently...
And anyway, you are doing WJEC...
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys i do triple and AQA
What do you guys think of unit 2 and 3 being on the same days?
Which exam would be the easiest?

Hi :hi:

Well, really it's up to you!
For me, I find C2 easier than C3, P3 easier than P2 and B2 and B3 both the same!
But, hopefully we would have a toilet break of some sorts between exams :smile:
Original post by 0lut0

Well, grade boundaries reflect on how well the country does. So say the average scores are high (due to the paper being easy) the grade boundaries might be 52 for an A*...
If the country does badly, it might be 44 for an A*

And the ISA is worth 25% of the final grade :smile:
Hi :hi:

Well, really it's up to you!
For me, I find C2 easier than C3, P3 easier than P2 and B2 and B3 both the same!
But, hopefully we would have a toilet break of some sorts between exams :smile:

Yup :smile:
I find unit 3 easier for physics and chemistry. Biology 2 and 3 the same like you :smile: Haha do you have any predictions?
Honestly, the only exam I'm afraid of is the B3 exam, but that's only because we've been taught it quite quickly, and it may have been rushed.
I love science haha and i find unit 3 easiest in Physics and Chemistry not biology
Yeo and ok
Original post by nisha.sri
Yup :smile:
I find unit 3 easier for physics and chemistry. Biology 2 and 3 the same like you :smile: Haha do you have any predictions?

Predictions no...
Really what I'm worried is the examiners might have made these exams harder especially because it's the last set of exams under this spec (I think)

Original post by Fractite
Honestly, the only exam I'm afraid of is the B3 exam, but that's only because we've been taught it quite quickly, and it may have been rushed.

Biology is easy to get your head around, if you know the steps that the mark scheme goes by

Quick Reply

Latest