The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Ellie4
Yeah, I'll defo get A predictions for Bio and Econ as my UMS were 295 and 300, but the 240 in Geog is borderline. I need an A prediction for Geog at uni though, and I'll retake a module, and my teachers will get such an ear-bashing if they don't give me an A prediction, they know how much I want to do Geog!!!

I think they probably will know it by the end of the interview anyway! :biggrin:
Reply 121
SiAnY
Nope, my only parents evening is going to be in the spring term somewhen. Don't know if i'll even get told my predicted grades.

our teachers have given all the forms into out form tutors and I'm gonna pester them until they tell me! I dont get to see my reference though
Reply 122
Geogger
I think they probably will know it by the end of the interview anyway! :biggrin:

Oh yes, I'll hold them all hostage until they give me that A!!!
Reply 123
mobbdeeprob
And don't I know it! :wink:

Seriously though, what is the crack with predictions for everyone? I think I've got some kind of parent's evening in the second week back (where predictions are dished out). Is this the case for others?

Mine were made like this......

Electronics - In the first lesson backafter results we discussed me "potential". :rolleyes:
Computing - Purchased alcoholic beverage for tutor.....got A prediction. :biggrin:
History - Got a low B, expected to b predicted a C.....seemingly random B prediction.
Math - Absolutely begged for the best possible prediction she would give me. :cool:
Physics - Self-taught so college said I could predict my own :biggrin:
GS - Exam only but somehow got A prediction again.

As you can see my predictions had not much to do with any actual ability, more a case of me being lucky. :smile:
Reply 124
~Sam~
I dont get to see my reference though

Get a copy from UCAS* after your app has been sent off. :wink: :biggrin:

*Cost you £11 though.
Reply 125
SiAnY
Nope, my only parents evening is going to be in the spring term somewhen. Don't know if i'll even get told my predicted grades.

You MUST be told your predicted grades - in our school, it's seen as essential to make sure students are applying to appropriate places.. use that as an argument.
Leekey

Computing - Purchased alcoholic beverage for tutor.....got A prediction. :biggrin:
Math - Absolutely begged for the best possible prediction she would give me. :cool:
Physics - Self-taught so college said I could predict my own :biggrin:

These two are hilarious - I'll bear in mind the top option for the one instance where I may need to use bribery. :biggrin:

Did you get to write your own reference for Physics too? :wink: Seeing as you were the 'teacher'.
mobbdeeprob
And don't I know it! :wink:

Seriously though, what is the crack with predictions for everyone? I think I've got some kind of parent's evening in the second week back (where predictions are dished out). Is this the case for others?

Well my teachers just judged my potential and predicted. I had no say in it, I got told them at parents evening when I was with my parents. I think if you want to oxbridge-ise they may be a bit kinder with the predictions though. You're supposed to use your predictions to apply to the right universities at my school.
Reply 128
Leekey
Get a copy from UCAS* after your app has been sent off. :wink: :biggrin:

*Cost you £11 though.

Lol I'm not that bothered. And it will be a bit too late then anyway! I know I won't get anything really bad written
Reply 129
mobbdeeprob
These two are hilarious - I'll bear in mind the top option for the one instance where I may need to use bribery. :biggrin:

Did you get to write your own reference for Physics too? :wink: Seeing as you were the 'teacher'.

I'm telling you, becoming your teachers drinking buddy is the way to go!!! :wink:

In Physics my Electronis teacher (also a Physics teacher) discussed what I thought I was capable of and I said that I thought I had enough ability to get an A. Fortunatly he liked me and somehow agreed and thu produced a great reference about my "personal motivation and drive". :confused: :biggrin:
Reply 130
Leekey
I'm telling you, becoming your teachers drinking buddy is the way to go!!! :wink:

In Physics my Electronis teacher (also a Physics teacher) discussed what I thought I was capable of and I said that I thought I had enough ability to get an A. Fortunatly he liked me and somehow agreed and thu produced a great reference about my "personal motivation and drive". :confused: :biggrin:

Are you watching the Arsenal-Boro match?
Reply 131
~Sam~
Are you watching the Arsenal-Boro match?

What a game, 3-1 down to 4-3 up :eek: Just when you think they are going to do us a favour and drop some points :rolleyes:
Leekey
What a game, 3-1 down to 4-3 up :eek: Just when you think they are going to do us a favour and drop some points :rolleyes:

What! :eek: I have to watch that, it looked a bit dead for the first 30mins - so I stopped.
Reply 133
mobbdeeprob
What! :eek: I have to watch that, it looked a bit dead for the first 30mins - so I stopped.

It's been great since half-time. Just need a Boro leveler now and were (Liverpool) level with them on points. :wink:
Reply 134
Leekey

I know! I was so excited when they were losing. Oh well, looks like we're just gonna have to stuff 'em at Anfield
Invisible
In my school, they predict you 1 grade higher than what you got at AS (effectively). I think in most cases it's fair, because statistically people do better at A2 than AS and you can re-sit say 1 dodgy module. Often most people in my school do meet their predicted grades.

I get the impression that it's 100% down to the discretion of the teachers at my school. Although I'm told that if you have a rubbish module which brings you down (say you get two As and an E) - then we'll will still be predicted an A.

They were arseholes with AS predictions though! Most probably to scare people into working - I got predicted ABCC for AS.

I was more or less told expressly that I would get predicted an A in Economics, even if I got a low B, but my Econ teacher is totally sound.

Latest

Trending

Trending