The Student Room Group

Applying with achieved grades

I’m currently taking a gap year after achieving AAA in my exams this year. Would it still be a risk to apply to unis that all require AAA entry requirements or would it be more sensible to apply to 1 or 2 unis with AAB entry requirements and the rest are AAA.
Original post by jammysnow
I’m currently taking a gap year after achieving AAA in my exams this year. Would it still be a risk to apply to unis that all require AAA entry requirements or would it be more sensible to apply to 1 or 2 unis with AAB entry requirements and the rest are AAA.

Whether you apply with predicted or actual grades, it's always best to apply to universities which have a range of requirements. It would therefore be wise to include one of two with AAB requirements, rather than applying to five which require AAA.
There's always a risk of getting rejected, but a minor one with achieved grades. I do think it would be sensible to apply to one, maybe two unis with lower entry requirements, just in case.
Original post by jammysnow

Try applying to, say, 3 AAA courses initially. If you get offers they will be unconditional because you already have your grades. You will probably get responses before Xmas and will then know whether you need to go lower, eg AAB, or could even put in 1-2 applications for aspirational courses such as A*AA.
Original post by ageshallnot
Try applying to, say, 3 AAA courses initially. If you get offers they will be unconditional because you already have your grades. You will probably get responses before Xmas and will then know whether you need to go lower, eg AAB, or could even put in 1-2 applications for aspirational courses such as A*AA.

^^^ That's good advice. :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending