The Student Room Group

weird aimless feeling

A-level exams are over

unis a while off (taking a gap year)

looking forward to a holiday with my mates soon

but it feels weird not to be working towards something, not having exams to be revision for, or working towards, after all, that has been the case for the last four years. And now, the outcome of it all is out of my hands into into the hands of anonymous examiners

all feels quite strange

anyone else feel like that??

Scroll to see replies

Karim
A-level exams are over

but it feels weird not to be working towards something, not having exams to be revision for, or working towards, after all, that has been the case for the last four years. And now, the outcome of it all is out of my hands into into the hands of anonymous examiners

all feels quite strange

yeah it does - I am combatting it by reading lots of books and baking cakes.

MB
Reply 2
I felt that way at first, but lately I have been going out a lot, and having fun so the feeling is gone.
yeah EZ

im in exactly the same situation yo!

feel the same!
Reply 4
Btw Karim as soon as I read the title of this thread I knew exactly what you were talking about :smile:
Reply 5
I've felt that way since I finished my GCSE's. This all just feels like I'm going through the motions and I have no clue what I want to do. I need to get a job now and really hope my results are good or else life will be shit.
Reply 6
glad its not just me then!
Reply 7
i'm taking this limbo time to try and become nocturnal, but this morning i woke up at 9.30, despite only having 6 hours sleep. i don't have to get up to go to school ever again!!!! why am i awake now????
I'm so bored I have to admit, there's nothing to do and I guess I quite liked the comfort of revising for exams. Now I'm in the process of wishing all this summer away for the 26th of August.
Reply 9
it only hit me today- cos i literally have nothing to do (apart from go to get my hair cut and go to work tonight) i might do some housework *shudders*

i would prefer to be keeping busy i suppose, i've been so used to it for so long that it's scary having nothing to do.
Reply 10
Well, currently, the teachers are less motivated than myself (which is bad!), so I guess things will start to kick in sooner or later.
Karim
A-level exams are over

all feels quite strange

yEAH..I felt like that too, indeed I still do. I think this is a good thing because it gives you time to experience everything that you can, and find out more about yourself. Good luck to you. :biggrin:
Karim
A-level exams are over

all feels quite strange

actually u described exactly what i feel like. I'm also taking a gap year before uni.
It is very strange I keep feeling guilty that i'm not doing anything then remembering that theres no revision to do anymore. Am hoping to get some kind of job to keep me occupied until uni but at the mo am getting bored stuck at home in the day and keep being left housework to do not so fun! i jus can't wait to get away in october.
Sorry for being blunt but surely you guys should have thought about this before you decided to take a gap year etc. I am doing lots of work - mainly stuff that will be covered in first year of my uni course (so I can have more drinking tim/get ahead on the rest of the course once i'm there). Can't you just get a good book to read?

MB
Reply 15
I agree...in three days i walked for 10-12 hours without a destination....also i started attacking story books,feeling bored,lost and generall down... :frown: I want to do my A levels again....
Reply 16
I feel a tad lost as well, I am going out this afternoon with a mate but I haven't got any new contracts so I have no job.

The weather has been to crap to my other job of delivering leaflets, I just seem to go going into town everyday and spending money one dosn't have.

I am looking foward to my holiday though. I also have to go into university on Monday to sort out some mistakes they have made with my marks, so I am not looking forward to that.
Reply 17
ditto.
musicboy
yeah it does - I am combatting it by reading lots of books and baking cakes.

MB

haha me too, i've just received all my books through from amazon and am slowly working my way through them (even tho they were supposed to be for when i go away :rolleyes: )
Reply 19
Yah I'm utterly lost and it's less than 24 hours since I finished exams. Supposed to be going out tonight but I'm really in quite a foul mood, but my friend will have a fit on me if I cancel now. I think I'm just going to watch as many movies as possible and read lots of books. Anybody know in any cinemas in Manchester that do like a "unlimited number of films for fixed cost" deal?

Latest

Trending

Trending