The Student Room Group

Feel weird at the moment

I feel weird like everything’s going wrong at the moment. I’m dropping out of uni bc I didn’t like my course, but aside from that my life feels weird atm. I’m losing friends either by choice (I realised they weren’t good for me) and by them just drifting away and one friend ignoring me. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve changed or what but I’m not interested in being friends with people that aren’t nice/ consistent anymore. I’m someone who needs to chat to friends a couple times a week otherwise I get depressed. My love life is dead too and I’m concerned that my life is going to be crap for the next year. Just feel a bit lost with everything. I’m my year out of uni I’m thinking of travelling after I save up some money from working but that’s only if I could afford it.

Just feel stuck in a weird moment of my life. I’m only 20 but feel lonely and feel bad for saying that at my age because I still have family and a few friends- I’m lucky to have my family though.

Has anyone else felt the same way? Loneliness in your 20s isn’t discussed much so I feel odd saying it.

I feel so much pressure to be doing great things but I haven’t achieved anything yet.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I feel weird like everything’s going wrong at the moment. I’m dropping out of uni bc I didn’t like my course, but aside from that my life feels weird atm. I’m losing friends either by choice (I realised they weren’t good for me) and by them just drifting away and one friend ignoring me. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve changed or what but I’m not interested in being friends with people that aren’t nice/ consistent anymore. I’m someone who needs to chat to friends a couple times a week otherwise I get depressed. My love life is dead too and I’m concerned that my life is going to be crap for the next year. Just feel a bit lost with everything. I’m my year out of uni I’m thinking of travelling after I save up some money from working but that’s only if I could afford it.

Just feel stuck in a weird moment of my life. I’m only 20 but feel lonely and feel bad for saying that at my age because I still have family and a few friends- I’m lucky to have my family though.

Has anyone else felt the same way? Loneliness in your 20s isn’t discussed much so I feel odd saying it.

I feel so much pressure to be doing great things but I haven’t achieved anything yet.

I am 19 (20 this year). I was super lonely and depressed throughout secondary and my first year of sixth form. It was worst from 14 to 17 and was so bad I had to drop out of college. Don't feel bad because (for me) dropping out and starting fresh was the best thing I've ever done. It was hard but I got through it and you will too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending