The Student Room Group

options during medicine

I'm thinking of studying medicine but I'm also thinking of politics and international relations, would I be able to change from Medicine to politics and intentional relations if i didn't like medicine?
Also can you take a gap year during a degree in medicine?
Reply 1
Well you can always drop out of medicine and start a new degree the next year, but I wouldn't expect to be able to transfer as the degrees are completely unrelated

You can take a year out during a medical degree if you have a good reason. Obviously for health or personal issues. But I know people who have taken a year out to do research abroad for example. It MIGHT be possible to take a year put and do something political, bit again I wouldn't necessarily expect med school to allow it because it's completely unrelated to medicine

I think you should try and work out what you really want to do, rather than try and do both. Remember that this is about the job you're going to get at the end of the day. Do you know what jobs you are likely to be able to get with international relations? Do you know what being a doctor is really like?

I would recommend getting some work experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending