The Student Room Group

How do I tell my boss I'm leaving my job?

I've been working at a chip shop for just over a month now, and I've recently got another job in healthcare which is the career path I'd love to take. My boss is never there and I'm not sure how to tell him that I will be leaving. I don't want to come across rude and I also feel guilty for leaving, but I know I have to put my priorities first.
He's entitled to 1 weeks notice.
rather than leave him in the lurch its better to talk to him, whilst at the same time leaving a resignation letter if need be. As its a chip shop, presumably there are other staff and you arent the only person there? Either wau he will need to arrange for getting someone else to replace you.

You can find letters here. keep a copy and choose a small polite version. never burn bridges.
http://www.i-resign.com/uk/letters/letters.asp

People leave all the ime. i wouldnt worry.
Reply 2
Original post by bmiles
I've been working at a chip shop for just over a month now, and I've recently got another job in healthcare which is the career path I'd love to take. My boss is never there and I'm not sure how to tell him that I will be leaving. I don't want to come across rude and I also feel guilty for leaving, but I know I have to put my priorities first.

By a resignation letter
Reply 3
Original post by bmiles

Oh. I was so busy recently (TSR) that I almost forgot about my resignation.

Thanks for the reminder!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'd write a letter and leave it on his desk/with someone who can pass it on. Does he not have a phone number or something you can call? Just make sure you put a date of writing on the letter and the last date you will be working and just work until then, that's what I did when I worked at GAME and he didn't seem to have a problem with it. Good luck and congratulations on getting the job! :smile:
a note saying "goodbye" next to a broken chip.

Quick Reply

Latest