The Student Room Group

HELP

I have so so so much college work, so many essays, and revision for exams to do this weekend and I'm sat at my desk but I just dont want to do anything and keep finding myself going back on netflix instead of doing the work!

Any advice?! Got exams soon and if I keep this up, I'm certain to fail D:
Reply 1
Original post by govtandpolitics
I have so so so much college work, so many essays, and revision for exams to do this weekend and I'm sat at my desk but I just dont want to do anything and keep finding myself going back on netflix instead of doing the work!

Set yourself a clear goal. Aim to do something specific by a certain time - don't just say "revise French", but aim to learn the vocabulary in chapter 7. You need to break it down into smaller segments because hoping to do everything just leaves you feeling overwhelmed.

You also need breaks. You'll find what works for you, but study in small chunks of about half an hour and give yourself 10 mins off between them.
just literally make a start, the first hour or two is painful i know but then it gets better. start with something you like or something easy and go from there
Original post by govtandpolitics

You said it yourself, you're certain to fail if you continue like this with these distractions, that should be enough motivation to get you started, if not... you have the wrong attitude my friend :smile:
Original post by LewisClothier
You said it yourself, you're certain to fail if you continue like this with these distractions, that should be enough motivation to get you started, if not... you have the wrong attitude my friend :smile:

Yeah I guess... easier said then done though :/

Quick Reply

Latest