The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Poll

What grade do you think you got in AQA psychology paper 1?

Click here for the completed unofficial markscheme.

Vote in the poll above to let everyone know how you did :biggrin:

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd see what people thought of today's AQA As psychology exam? I thought the 12markers were worded a bit funny...anyone else?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First of all I was shocked that there was 2 12 markers anyway, and an 8 marker. That within itself is like 40% of your grade! And I'm so disheartened by the working model of memory one, I have no idea why but I started talking about the cognitive interview for that. So upset because it was 12 marks too :frown: how about you?
Reply 2
Original post by Whatwhy
First of all I was shocked that there was 2 12 markers anyway, and an 8 marker. That within itself is like 40% of your grade! And I'm so disheartened by the working model of memory one, I have no idea why but I started talking about the cognitive interview for that. So upset because it was 12 marks too :frown: how about you?

Oh yeah I know that really annoyed me! I thought there would only be 1! I spoke to the others in my class and they hated the working memory one, I wrote about the working memory model but I don't think that's right😬The question was too vague! Although if we all found them quite hard then hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower right? What do you think about the self report question? I don't remeber being taught that?
I think Social Influence and Attachment were probably alright but Memory was really hard.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma9991
Oh yeah I know that really annoyed me! I thought there would only be 1! I spoke to the others in my class and they hated the working memory one, I wrote about the working memory model but I don't think that's right😬The question was too vague! Although if we all found them quite hard then hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower right? What do you think about the self report question? I don't remeber being taught that?

Thank GOD! I don't remember being taught that or it even being in the spec either! God I hope so. I really need an A on this and it was such a let down! I can't believe the working memory question, so so vague. What grade boundaries do you predict?
Reply 5
Original post by lucasbaker
I think Social Influence and Attachment were probably alright but Memory was really hard.

Yeah what did you put for the memory 12marker?
Reply 6

Also I think you are right on the working model.
Reply 7
Original post by Whatwhy
Thank GOD! I don't remember being taught that or it even being in the spec either! God I hope so. I really need an A on this and it was such a let down! I can't believe the working memory question, so so vague. What grade boundaries do you predict?

I'm sure with the paper2 it will add up to an A don't worry, it sounds like the rest of the paper was okay. I'll make a thread after paper2 and see what people think about that one too. Well usually it's like 55 ish isn't it for and A so I'm going to say slightly lower maybe 51? What about you?
Reply 8
For the memory one I put about all the components and how the CE has been proven by braver's brain scan study and how the PL and VSSP have been proven by shallice and Warrington K.F study.

Social influence was easy I think the strange situation was a nice 12 marker
I put about WMM and Baddeley in the 12 marker if it isn't that then what on earth could it be? Thought the Rutter MCQ was dire I nearly collapsed as I couldn't decide which one. What did you guys put about self report?
Original post by Whatwhy

Based on other past papers and the fact that its the first paper for our new spec... 54/72 for an A and a B grade could be as low as 46/72
For working memory I put about WMM and Baddeley's dual task study - it did say 'theories' so the model is surely relevant? Also I made a stupid mistake because I thought 'reliability' was a minority influence factor :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by Rigby16
For the memory one I put about all the components and how the CE has been proven by braver's brain scan study and how the PL and VSSP have been proven by shallice and Warrington K.F study.

Social influence was easy I think the strange situation was a nice 12 marker

Ahh yeah that's what I wrote about too!! For the strange situation did you write about the whole procedure and then evaluate or just go into the evaluation straight away?
Reply 13
Original post by electrahearts
For working memory I put about WMM and Baddeley's dual task study - it did say 'theories' so the model is surely relevant? Also I made a stupid mistake because I thought 'reliability' was a minority influence factor :s-smilie:

Yeah that's good! Think I put that! Oh no, don't worry though that will only come to a few marks.
Hello I'd agree that the working memory question was way to vague however I wrote in detail about the working memory model. Furthermore the question about asch line study findings and variations does anyone remember in detail the exact question?
Reply 15
Original post by vezuxiii
Hello I'd agree that the working memory question was way to vague however I wrote in detail about the working memory model. Furthermore the question about asch line study findings and variations does anyone remember in detail the exact question?

Okay that's good then that's what I wrote too! Erm it was something about outline two variables Asch studied into conformity?
Reply 16
Original post by AdamBuxton34
I put about WMM and Baddeley in the 12 marker if it isn't that then what on earth could it be? Thought the Rutter MCQ was dire I nearly collapsed as I couldn't decide which one. What did you guys put about self report?

I said it was like an evaluation on the research and any flaws it had etc...I made it up because I don't remeber being taught it.
Ahh yeah that's what I wrote about too!! For the strange situation did you write about the whole procedure and then evaluate or just go into the evaluation straight away?

You had to outline the original strange situation the fingins and the evaluation :smile: e.g had 8 episodes with 106 infants and 70% were secure then talk about ethics and it being an emic construnct of western ideas.
I said it was like an evaluation on the research and any flaws it had etc...I made it up because I don't remeber being taught it.

Loved the animal study questions jumped out my chair
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

Quick Reply

Latest