The Student Room Group

How many marks would I need in English Lit and Lang to get an A*

Hello, I'm stressing about The English lit Exam I'm doing tomorrow, I want to know how many marks would I need in Unit 1 and 2 to get an overall A*, I got 36/40 in my coursework and my exam board is AQA
Original post by Hamzz15
Hello, I'm stressing about The English lit Exam I'm doing tomorrow, I want to know how many marks would I need in Unit 1 and 2 to get an overall A*, I got 36/40 in my coursework and my exam board is AQA

Well to my knowledge 36 is a low end A* already, if you plan on getting an A* in the poetry exam also, getting around 55/56 out of 68 should secure you an A*.

I handed in my coursework unfinished so I ended up with an A but I aim for an A* in tomorrows exam and poetry is my strong point so I think I'll do well there.

Have you done much revision? The thing I'm most worried about is time restraints.
Reply 2
Original post by basicallykaya
Well to my knowledge 36 is a low end A* already, if you plan on getting an A* in the poetry exam also, getting around 55/56 out of 68 should secure you an A*.

I handed in my coursework unfinished so I ended up with an A but I aim for an A* in tomorrows exam and poetry is my strong point so I think I'll do well there.

Have you done much revision? The thing I'm most worried about is time restraints.

To be honest, I've only done a little bit of revision, I seem to be fine with my timing. I'm just worried whether I'll know what I'll be able to write in tomorrow's exam
Original post by Hamzz15
To be honest, I've only done a little bit of revision, I seem to be fine with my timing. I'm just worried whether I'll know what I'll be able to write in tomorrow's exam

ah lucky, my good ideas take a while to come out when in exam conditions so I don't know how I'm going to cope.

Good luck though!
Reply 4
Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending