The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Geography 1 - 24th May 2016

Hi, started this thread for those who have physical Geography tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or revision resources? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by willsp8
Hi, started this thread for those who have physical Geography tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or revision resources? Thanks :smile:

Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good discussion here :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good discussion here :h:

Thank you! hahaha
Reply 3
whats an alternative case study for kielder water? it got predicted to come up but its not in my revision guide
Reply 4
Original post by RNGeesus
whats an alternative case study for kielder water? it got predicted to come up but its not in my revision guide

The Elan Valley reservoirs in Powys. Supplies Birmingham area with clean water etc. Then some economic, social and environmental issues (positive and negative)
:h:
Reply 5
Original post by willsp8
The Elan Valley reservoirs in Powys. Supplies Birmingham area with clean water etc. Then some economic, social and environmental issues (positive and negative)
:h:

ah ok, does that count as river management or flooding?
Original post by willsp8

thank you any idea what will comeup?
Reply 7
Original post by willsp8

Absorb those juicy case studies...
Reply 8
ah ok, does that count as river management or flooding?

It's water transfer.

River management: Soft Engineering - Mine is my town xD
River management: Hard Engineering - Three Gorges Dam
Reply 9
merci beacoup

rutland bay
Reply 11
Original post by Mansi Gadhia
thank you any idea what will comeup?

I'd think it is safe to say that you should revise everything to be honest. They usually cover a wide range of the specification so you can't rule anything out. As for case studies I haven't looked at what has come up and what hasn't but I might do that now.
Original post by willsp8
I'd think it is safe to say that you should revise everything to be honest. They usually cover a wide range of the specification so you can't rule anything out. As for case studies I haven't looked at what has come up and what hasn't but I might do that now.

thanks
Reply 13
Just did some research and so far all the case study questions have been on Restless Earth so:

Volcano Responses - eg. Montserrat Souffriere Hills
Fold Mountains Uses and Adaptations - eg. Alps
Tsunami Effects - eg. Boxing Day Asian

ps. this is based around what 3 I am studying which are Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Ice on the Land :smile:
Reply 14
Does anyone have any idea for: restless earth, ice on land and coastal zone? much appreciated
Reply 15
Original post by SK_317
Does anyone have any idea for: restless earth, ice on land and coastal zone? much appreciated

For (RE) I predict a question on earthquakes and a possible case study however it is unlikely as all the case studies have been on RE so far.

For (IOTL) I predict an 8 marker on transportation and deposition and possibly a case study on a Ski Resort eg. Chamonix

I do not have knowledge of Coastal Zone sorry :smile:
does anyone think that the river tees thing will come up for water on the land for aqa?
Reply 17
Original post by willsp8
For (RE) I predict a question on earthquakes and a possible case study however it is unlikely as all the case studies have been on RE so far.

For (IOTL) I predict an 8 marker on transportation and deposition and possibly a case study on a Ski Resort eg. Chamonix

I do not have knowledge of Coastal Zone sorry :smile:

Thnx:smile:
Does anyone know if there'll be stuff about other features associated with supervolcanoes on the restless earth bit? Like I've got notes about geysers and stuff that we've done in class but I don't want to waste time learning it cos I can't see it on the spec
Original post by willsp8
Just did some research and so far all the case study questions have been on Restless Earth so:

Volcano Responses - eg. Montserrat Souffriere Hills
Fold Mountains Uses and Adaptations - eg. Alps
Tsunami Effects - eg. Boxing Day Asian

ps. this is based around what 3 I am studying which are Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Ice on the Land :smile:

You can also talk about the Alps for fold mountains and their adaptations.

Quick Reply

Latest