Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, started this thread for those who have physical Geography tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or revision resources? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willsp8)
    Hi, started this thread for those who have physical Geography tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or revision resources? Thanks
    Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good discussion here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good discussion here
    Thank you! hahaha

ReputationRep:
    whats an alternative case study for kielder water? it got predicted to come up but its not in my revision guide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNGeesus)
    whats an alternative case study for kielder water? it got predicted to come up but its not in my revision guide
    The Elan Valley reservoirs in Powys. Supplies Birmingham area with clean water etc. Then some economic, social and environmental issues (positive and negative)

ReputationRep:
    The Elan Valley reservoirs in Powys. Supplies Birmingham area with clean water etc. Then some economic, social and environmental issues (positive and negative)
    ah ok, does that count as river management or flooding?

ReputationRep:
    thank you any idea what will comeup?

ReputationRep:
    Absorb those juicy case studies...

ReputationRep:
    ah ok, does that count as river management or flooding?
    It's water transfer.

River management: Soft Engineering - Mine is my town xD
    River management: Hard Engineering - Three Gorges Dam

ReputationRep:
    merci beacoup

ReputationRep:
    rutland bay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mansi Gadhia)
    thank you any idea what will comeup?
    I'd think it is safe to say that you should revise everything to be honest. They usually cover a wide range of the specification so you can't rule anything out. As for case studies I haven't looked at what has come up and what hasn't but I might do that now.

ReputationRep:
    I'd think it is safe to say that you should revise everything to be honest. They usually cover a wide range of the specification so you can't rule anything out. As for case studies I haven't looked at what has come up and what hasn't but I might do that now.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just did some research and so far all the case study questions have been on Restless Earth so:

Volcano Responses - eg. Montserrat Souffriere Hills
    Fold Mountains Uses and Adaptations - eg. Alps
    Tsunami Effects - eg. Boxing Day Asian

ps. this is based around what 3 I am studying which are Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Ice on the Land

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea for: restless earth, ice on land and coastal zone? much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK_317)
    Does anyone have any idea for: restless earth, ice on land and coastal zone? much appreciated
    For (RE) I predict a question on earthquakes and a possible case study however it is unlikely as all the case studies have been on RE so far.

For (IOTL) I predict an 8 marker on transportation and deposition and possibly a case study on a Ski Resort eg. Chamonix

I do not have knowledge of Coastal Zone sorry

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think that the river tees thing will come up for water on the land for aqa?

ReputationRep:
    For (RE) I predict a question on earthquakes and a possible case study however it is unlikely as all the case studies have been on RE so far.

For (IOTL) I predict an 8 marker on transportation and deposition and possibly a case study on a Ski Resort eg. Chamonix

I do not have knowledge of Coastal Zone sorry
    Thnx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there'll be stuff about other features associated with supervolcanoes on the restless earth bit? Like I've got notes about geysers and stuff that we've done in class but I don't want to waste time learning it cos I can't see it on the spec

ReputationRep:
    Just did some research and so far all the case study questions have been on Restless Earth so:

Volcano Responses - eg. Montserrat Souffriere Hills
    Fold Mountains Uses and Adaptations - eg. Alps
    Tsunami Effects - eg. Boxing Day Asian

ps. this is based around what 3 I am studying which are Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Ice on the Land
    You can also talk about the Alps for fold mountains and their adaptations.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 28, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.