The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
W-W-L-L-W-D for me. 10pts out of 18.

Everything says you will beat arsenal, as you combine two of our biggest problems: united + mourinho

West ham are not the same team as last season, and I think you can manage it at home..

Even though everton lost badly yesterday, they are still a decent home-side, cant see you winning here.. neither with spurs as they have been pretty decent against you in recent yeras, especially at OT.. Palace are awful this season, but West-brom away is trouble for any side that struggling for goals like you are.

You over-emphasise short-term trends, though I agree we likely expect 9-12 points here.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
You over-emphasise short-term trends, though I agree we likely expect 9-12 points here.

If I were basing it 100% on the short term, I would be very happy as an arsenal fan, because we would be destroying you next weekend! :biggrin:
And Germany aren't taking Ozil....so he'll be rested :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is it me, or does De gea look really unhappy this season? I mean hes still playing pretty well, but everytime I watch united, he just seems unhappy..
is it me, or does De gea look really unhappy this season? I mean hes still playing pretty well, but everytime I watch united, he just seems unhappy..

I think he's also been off form on the pitch tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
I think he's also been off form on the pitch tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, for me its hard for him, because he has had 3 seasons now of being absolutely world class, and constantly performing near 100% except for a rare few bad games..

I still think he is playing well, its just compared to his previous form, just playing well, feels bad..

If you were the stand out player in a mediocre team going not very far you would be unhappy. He is the difference between possibly a Europa League place at the end of the season and mid table.
Even though everton lost badly yesterday, they are still a decent home-side, cant see you winning here.. neither with spurs as they have been pretty decent against you in recent yeras, especially at OT.. Palace are awful this season, but West-brom away is trouble for any side that struggling for goals like you are.

They are awful, but after a week where we've played in some ex Soviet Bloc country in minus 10 degrees (probably needing a result to qualify from the group) before a tough game against Spurs? It just screams "dropped points". Especially as we all know Mourinho will probably play the same team in all 3 games.

I think De Gea is fed up of the shite in front of him. He's too good for us and he knows it.
It looks like no Europe has really been helping Chelsea and Liverpool. The worrying thing for you is that I can't see past you finishing 5th or 6th which consigns you to Europa again making it difficult to rebuild back to being a top club.

Huge game today - must wins for both sides you feel. Both will feel the pressure if they don't win majorly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It might be best if we don't even qualify our of our Europa League group. Matches on a Thursday are a pain and look how good Liverpool and Chelsea are doing with European football.

But winning the Europa league could be the only way we could get into The UCL..
Something interesting I found on SkyBet:

Mourinho to still be manager on first day of next season: 5/6
Mourinho not be be manager on first day of next season: 5/6

I cannot see us sacking him unless we actually have a dreadful season (like below 8th). But I still think we will come back and hopefully get top 4 :h:
I'm guessing it's 4-4-2 Diamonds formation, otherwise it's an AIDS line up. Rooney probably back in because of his goal the other day.

I just want to know why on earth we bought Mkhi
OK why the **** is Rooney starting on the left ahead of Martial, Rashford and Lingard
He's officially lost his ****.
Original post by Rk2k14
He's officially lost his ****.

That Jones-Rojo partnership 😂
If we bought Hummels he'd still play Jones and Rojo ahead of him.
Rojo has hardly been bad of late tbf to him.

Strange line up, can only assume some players are feeling tired or Jose feels their form is falling away.

The Mkhitaryan situation is bizarre. When he's more or less fresh and you're playing that line up...
Watch Jones a big mistake. Just watch.

EDIT: And/or get injured.
(edited 7 years ago)
When you see Ashley Young picked ahead of Luke Shaw at LB

IMG_0704.JPG

Latest