The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Aguero has 16 goals this season, Zlatan and Sanchez have 13, Costa has 11.

People need to stop chatting Zlatan's name. He had a blip for some games but he is still our best ST option by far.

He has the same number of goals as RVP did at this stage in 2012/13.

Not bad for a 35 year old on a free transfer eh?

Having this guy back was the best thing tonight. January doesn't look good if we cant find a replacement. Fonte as a stop gap would be good.
Jones and Blind are my OTP but Jones and Bailly are my #2
Want to see Bellerin and TFM in a race tbh
Our potential Europa League opponents in the next round: Copenhagen, Besiktas, Lyon, Apoel, Saint Etienne, Zenit, Roma, Atletico Bilbao/Genk, Ajax, Shakthar Donetsk, Schalke, Fiorentina, Sparta Prague & Osmanlispor

Roma, Bilbao, Shakhtar & Schalke would be tricky. The rest should be fairly easy. On the other side of the draw there's only really Gladbach, Spurs & possibly Southampton who'd be a threat. There's absolutely no reason why we can't win this.
Want to see Bellerin and TFM in a race tbh

Bellerin smokes him.

Now Bellerin vs Auba...
Original post by Rk2k14
Bellerin smokes him.

Now Bellerin vs Auba...

You know nothing, rk
Original post by Rk2k14
Pogba was **** today. Man can't even hack it vs Ukrainian farmers.

Mkhi for £26mill. YEET.

I honestly just think that he hates playing in the Europa league, in every Europa league game he has played this his season his body language has been off, and he seems to just play a lot of careless balls, like today.

Mkhi played amazing.
[video="youtube;zXCFhll9JiE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCFhll9JiE[/video]
Isn't even running at full pelt.
[video="youtube;zBlJ4QWn4eg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBlJ4QWn4eg[/video]
Original post by Louis.
Decent enough performance in horrible conditions. Little bit worried we put too much into it with the weekend in mind, but I guess we had to make sure.

Ibra's form this season:
5 in 5
1 in 11
7 in 6

It's his conversion rate that's the most worrying.
Don't get me wrong, he's a great striker but with the quality of chances that Pogba and Mata have been providing, any half decent striker would have 13 in 22.
Original post by Rk2k14
Bellerin smokes him.

Now Bellerin vs Auba...

Mané would have them all tbh x
Bellerin is just a speed freak. There are kind of two types of pace in football, acceleration and just top speed. He tends to take a moment on that initial burst but top speed wise Valencia is an absolute monster. Never forgot that sprint he did against Liverpool.

Also honourable mention to Pato. That goal against Barca was an utter fifa goal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
It's his conversion rate that's the most worrying.
Don't get me wrong, he's a great striker but with the quality of chances that Pogba and Mata have been providing, any half decent striker would have 13 in 22.

Worrying is it pal? Keeping you up at night is it pal?

C'mon pal.

Ibra's going well. Missing chances is better than not getting chances. He creates a couple of tactical issues, but nothing we can't work around - as long as he doesn't go through more 1 in 11 type spells. My biggest concern is that he's played so many games so early in the season...can't imagine the plan at the start of the season was to have him playing in Ukraine, for example.
Reply 6354
Original post by Rk2k14
Bellerin smokes him.

Now Bellerin vs Auba...

Do you mean Alba or Aubameyang?

Alaba's pretty ****ing fast too, although in terms of speed beast defenders it has to go to Kyle Walker for me. Feel like defenders are underrated for their speed, especially Centre Backs because they tend to take some time to get going but can match fast wingers and strikers for pure top speed pace(see Varane, Koscielny or Zouma).

Also Georges Nkoudou just looks like he's extremely fast to me, he's one of those guys that you don't even need to see him run or see his FIFA rating to know he's fast.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Do you mean Alba or Aubameyang?

Alaba's pretty ****ing fast too, although in terms of speed beast defenders it has to go to Kyle Walker for me. Feel like defenders are underrated for their speed, especially Centre Backs because they tend to take some time to get going but can match fast wingers and strikers for pure top speed pace(see Varane, Koscielny or Zouma).

Aubameyang. Crazy pace. Not to mention he's pretty tall too.

Throw Bailly and Boateng in there as well.
Reply 6356
Original post by Rk2k14
Aubameyang. Crazy pace. Not to mention he's pretty tall too.

Throw Bailly and Boateng in there as well.

Ain't seen Bailly run but just assumed he's fast as well. Had decent recovery pace but not seen anything ridiculous like what you'd see from Shaw or my man Zouma e.g.

Even Chiellini(back in his LB days) and Ramos are fast,
Original post by Rk2k14
Isn't even running at full pelt.
[video="youtube;zBlJ4QWn4eg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBlJ4QWn4eg[/video]

Aww that's cute x

Bellerin has crazy acceleration, but I've seen TFM make those runs before.

In terms of a 100m sprint Bellerin wouldn't be top 5 in the europe though. Valencia (prime) and Aubameyang would probably be though.
Aww that's cute x

Bellerin has crazy acceleration, but I've seen TFM make those runs before.

In terms of a 100m sprint Bellerin wouldn't be top 5 in the europe though. Valencia (prime) and Aubameyang would probably be though.

Bellerin is faster than TFM. Behave yourself.
When Dirty says Van Dijk isn't that special.

Latest