The Student Room Group

OMG is this for real? TV in the 70s was sooo racist

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by similarBlank
I could be wrong, I've never watched the show myself (probably too young if they don't show it anymore), but I think the thing with shows like these was you're meant to be laughing at the guy being ridiculous for being racist, not at the racism. There was another show with a racist called Till Death Us Do Part and the creator pointed out that the point of it was to make fun of the people who are racist by showing how ridiculous the racist things they say and think are. They want people to be shocked and disgusted at what they're saying, that's the point of it. It's an anti-racism message the show gives out, by showing how ridiculous it is to be racist.

I'm just talking about Till Death Us Do Part and am just saying this show, Love Thy Neighbour, might be doing the same thing, but I don't know a lot about it so I'm not sure.

Yes, I could make a compilation of antisemitic remarks made by Cartman in South Park and says that this show is antisemitic. :rolleyes:

Original post by Nidhoggr
This show ran on British tv until late 70s. Makes me feel kinda sick to think this show was on tv just 10 years before I was born.

Saddo its just comedy and if you watch it, it actually makes the white people out to be stupid

Quick Reply

Latest