The Student Room Group
Ermm, all access courses aren't designed for just science or social science. The idea by naming it social science is that it's multi-band. For example, with a social science access course you could go on to study sociology, psychology, social policy, history, nursing, ethical studies, geography, politics, languages, american studies, media studies and so on...It's designed as a foundation for all social related courses, not just for social work. Same for science access courses. They are designed for study into biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, biochemistry etc etc

I've seen loads of access courses for humanities. What is it you want to study at university? Bare in mind, an access course isn't designed to get you good grades and a nice job, it's designed to get you entry to university. If you tell me your interests, i'll have a look at colleges in your area for a suitable course for you :smile:
Reply 2
have you tried contacting the college? do their access courses offer subjects like history, politic, english lit/lang, sociology or something similar… those subjects would help even social policy.
Reply 3
Go onto the Learn Direct website or give them a call (0800 100 900), they can help find appropriate courses for you.

http://www.learndirect.co.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending