The Student Room Group

Government & Politics AQA - AS level - HELP!

Hi all,

If you could, please would you be able to help me?

Any top tips on how to score relatively high on this paper?
Anything which is always good to include in 5 markers, 10 markers, 25 markers?

For unit 1, I have studied:

Pressure groups
Electoral systems
Participation & Voting behaviour

For these topics, is there any key terms, or any sub-topics that I must be 100% be confident on?

Finally, does anybody have any predictions for this paper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had 2 mocks at college in exams conditions, and both times I have received an A - I just feel like I have been very lucky with the questions though.

Exam tips which could ultimately boost by mark would be great!
Thank you for your help,

Kind Regards.
Hi! I moved this the the Govt and Politics forum - you're more likely to get a good discussion here
Original post by Cal1999
Hi all,

Pressure groups
Electoral systems

For these topics, is there any key terms, or any sub-topics that I must be 100% be confident on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had 2 mocks at college in exams conditions, and both times I have received an A - I just feel like I have been very lucky with the questions though.

Thank you for your help,

Kind Regards.

I studied the same topics as you. My teacher gave us some rather vague predictions for 25m - participation (could be comparing electoral and non electoral participation), electoral reform and pressure groups and democracy.

I'm in the same position as you - I got As in the mocks but I feel like it was just luck that topics I was confident on came up. I'm really freaking out about these exams, especially because I'm in Year 11 and doing it alongside GCSEs. i'm just praying that good topics come up - which topics are you doing for unit 2? I've revised the constitution, core executive and multi-level governance.
Reply 3
I'm only revising 2 topics for uni 1 and for unit 2 is that a bad idea ahah?
Reply 4
Original post by Maz96
I'm only revising 2 topics for uni 1 and for unit 2 is that a bad idea ahah?
If you know the topics well no but if a difficult question comes up your stuck
Reply 5
What do you guys think might come up for pressure groups and political parties and links to any revision resources would be great thanks ,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maz96
What do you guys think might come up for pressure groups and political parties and links to any revision resources would be great thanks ,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pressure groups and democracy not sure about political parties, don't like that topic anyway.
Original post by Cal1999
Hi all,

Pressure groups
Electoral systems

Thank you for your help,

Kind Regards.

Hey, to ensure full 5 marks in part A: make three distinct points and include at least two pieces of evidence, unless specified otherwise. For the 10 marker, have three paragraphs ordered from most to least important if factors/consequences. Conclusion, briefly explain which is the most important and also ensure that all points are fully developed and link directly back to the question.

Those are a few of the tips my teacher gave me, hope you find them useful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending