Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying AQA Geography specification A physical and human geography. I have already taken my physical examination and my human exam is only in a few days 08/06/16. Does anyone have any predictions of the questions and especially the casestudies for these topics:
    Population,
    Globalisation and
    Tourism.

Please reply asap .Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I've done very little revision for this!!! Is it possible to learn everything in 1.5 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    I've done very little revision for this!!! Is it possible to learn everything in 1.5 days?
    Definitely not impossible if you put the hours and effort in! My best advice would be to just revise the case studies as much as possible because even if you're not sure on the other questions, your case study mark can give you a huge boost overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmagcse2016)
    Definitely not impossible if you put the hours and effort in! My best advice would be to just revise the case studies as much as possible because even if you're not sure on the other questions, your case study mark can give you a huge boost overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for believing, i couldn't make myself do it! goodluck btw !! <3

ReputationRep:
    My teachers predicted practically the questions for the physical paper so for population they have predicted something about migration into the EU for the eight marker, with a question on the demographic transition model. For globalisation they have also predicted the growth of China as an economic giant for the eight marker with further questions on renewable energy and importing food. I don't do tourism so cannot help you with that. These are quite likely to come up as like I said my teachers accurately predicted the last paper but do revise everything else as it is not guaranteed that questions on these topics will be asked

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou and You're absolutely welcome! If you have any more questions, just ask.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying AQA Geography specification A physical and human geography. I have already taken my physical examination and my human exam is only in a few days 08/06/16. Does anyone have any predictions of the questions and especially the casestudies for these topics:
    Population,
    Globalisation and
    Tourism.

Volcanoes- Mt Etna
    Advantages of volcanoes - Hawaii fertile soil for growing pineapples.
    Population- Benidorm
    Tourism- Lake District and Benidorm
    Lake District - Talk about footpath erosion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattB_)
    My teachers predicted practically the questions for the physical paper so for population they have predicted something about migration into the EU for the eight marker, with a question on the demographic transition model. For globalisation they have also predicted the growth of China as an economic giant for the eight marker with further questions on renewable energy and importing food. I don't do tourism so cannot help you with that. These are quite likely to come up as like I said my teachers accurately predicted the last paper but do revise everything else as it is not guaranteed that questions on these topics will be asked
    Thankyou, this is really helpful! My teachers predicted every case study on the physical paper right but for the human paper, they're struggling a bit more, so this has proved to be helpful. Goodluck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mero22)
    Volcanoes- Mt Etna
    Advantages of volcanoes - Hawaii fertile soil for growing pineapples.
    Population- Benidorm
    Tourism- Lake District and Benidorm
    Lake District - Talk about footpath erosion
    Thankyou!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I study population as one of my 3 topics in geography, however I only have little notes on my refugee casestudy. All I have is the positives and negatives? Can anyone help me out for what I might need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I study population as one of my 3 topics in geography, however I only have little notes on my refugee casestudy. All I have is the positives and negatives? Can anyone help me out for what I might need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What refugee case study do you study?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have the same problem. Do you have Poland for migration within EU if so I have only 1 case specific fact which is polands workforce declined in size by 7% the rest is generic like brain drain etc. If it's outside of Europe I'll make up some stuff about Syria atm or sown thing. I might look up a few stats now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B3ASTy)
    What refugee case study do you study?
    I study Afghanistan to uk for refugess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Job738338)
    I have the same problem. Do you have Poland for migration within EU if so I have only 1 case specific fact which is polands workforce declined in size by 7% the rest is generic like brain drain etc. If it's outside of Europe I'll make up some stuff about Syria atm or sown thing. I might look up a few stats now
    Yeah! I study Poland within the EU as well, more specifically Poland to the uk. I've got loads of facts for migration, if you want me to help you out? It's the refugee case study I'm struggling with 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I study Poland within the EU as well, more specifically Poland to the uk. I've got loads of facts for migration, if you want me to help you out? It's the refugee case study I'm struggling with 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh that'd be great
    I just put this cs together
    Syrian refugee crisisResult of Syrian civil war, government of Assad vs opposition vs isil.Estimated deaths : 470,0004.8million registered refugees more within country
    70% not in UN camps, strain on services etc.Eu 1.9 mil requests for asylumthe other stuff is all common sense and similar to Poland brain drain of skilled workers, segregation etc
    Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    Population,
    Globalisation and
    Tourism.

1. My humanities teacher has been predicting correct topics for last 2 years, she also predicted all the topics for the 2016 Geography AQA UNIT 1 (Physical) exam. The sections we learn for the exams are;
      Population Change, Changing Urban environments and Tourism.

Okay so here are the predicted topics for these sections for tomorrow:

Population
      DTM model with population pyramid
      Transmigration
      Coping with ageing population and encouraging more births
      Migration push and pull factors and impacts on host and origin countries
      Economic migrants within the EU
      Refugee movements and impacts

Tourism
      Tourist resort life cycle model
      External factors effect on UK tourism
      Mass tourism positive and negative effects and management
      Extreme environments impacts and growth
      Benefits of ecotourism and link to sustainable development.

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REVISION, NO ONE IS TO BLAME IF THESE TOPICS DO NOT COME UP.

Finally, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurpartapl)
    1. My humanities teacher has been predicting correct topics for last 2 years, she also predicted all the topics for the 2016 Geography AQA UNIT 1 (Physical) exam. The sections we learn for the exams are;

Population
      Transmigration

Tourism

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REVISION, NO ONE IS TO BLAME IF THESE TOPICS DO NOT COME UP.
    Finally, best of luck!
    And changing urban environments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurpartapl)

Population
      Transmigration

Tourism

Finally, best of luck!
    Thanks a lot, but you missed out urban environments. Also what is transmigration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Job738338)
    And changing urban environments?
    Sorry about that. and i think we need to know about the transmigration policy in indonesia. People moved from a very densely populated place (Java) to a less dense place (Sumatra).. Have you got a cgp geography book? Its inside there somewhere.

Transmigration - "to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there."
    1. Changing Urban Environments
      Causes of urbanisation
      Issues and solutions in CBD, inner city, suburbs and rural-urban fringe
      Squatter settlement redevelopment
      Effects and management of rapid urbanisation - disposal of waste, air pollution and water pollution
      Sustainable urban living

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B3ASTy)
    Thanks a lot, but you missed out urban environments. Also what is transmigration?
    Mass scale movement of people within a country. Happened in Indonesia to lessen population on Java and spread development around to other islands. Look it up it's pretty easy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.