The Student Room Group

How do you get contected for a job interview?

If you get a job interview, are you contacted via phone or email? Which is more likely? I was expecting emails, however I haven't received any and I've applied for so many jobs. I've received a phone call which I missed but i'm not sure to call back or not.
p.s anyone who's worked at either whsmith, greggs and mcdonalds how did you get contacted for you interview?
Personally I got emailed back about a job interview, and then called when they wanted to hire me. I think that's usually how companies will do it - at job interviews they often have to contact quite a lot of people at once, whereas hiring is a finer selection process. This was just for a Saturday job though, so I'm not sure about full-time/part-time.
Usually letter or e-mail. It depends on how you contacted them.
Reply 3
I got e-mailed for two interviews recently but a lot of retail positions I applied for when I was younger I got phone calls for. Not sure if they have moved forward with e-mails now but I think it's down to a companies personal preference. I prefer being contacted over the phone as then I have a chance to talk to my potential interviewer as well as ask any questions I might have there and then without it being a back and forth exchange over a few days.
Original post by ouatislifex
If you get a job interview, are you contacted via phone or email? Which is more likely? I was expecting emails, however I haven't received any and I've applied for so many jobs. I've received a phone call which I missed but i'm not sure to call back or not.
p.s anyone who's worked at either whsmith, greggs and mcdonalds how did you get contacted for you interview?

It really depends on the company. Some will email me, some will call me. I've even had one that sent me a text about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending