The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA CompSci - Changing from foundation year course to main?

Hey there!

I'm hoping to go to UEA for Computing Science this year. I applied for both the Computing Science G400 course and a foundation year course (that then leads on to the main course?). My predicted grades were BCC and the requirements were ABB so I was declined for the main course but accepted for the foundation course with CCC as the offer.

What I'm wondering is if I achieve the grades (ABB) needed for the main course that I would like to do, would I automatically be moved to that course or could I request to do that?

Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
It depends on several factors but generally, the uni would allow you to progress to the main course.

What you are asking has already been done before, in fact it's called Adjustment. If you exceeded your predicted grades and your results were higher than your firm choice, you can apply through adjustment. From there you can change courses or apply to a more reputable university.

If your looking to get ABB or AAB, I would encourage you to get in a slightly more reputable university like Nottingham or Bath. Computer science is a very competitive field.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Asiimov
Hey there!

I'm hoping to go to UEA for Computing Science this year. I applied for both the Computing Science G400 course and a foundation year course (that then leads on to the main course?). My predicted grades were BCC and the requirements were ABB so I was declined for the main course but accepted for the foundation course with CCC as the offer.

What I'm wondering is if I achieve the grades (ABB) needed for the main course that I would like to do, would I automatically be moved to that course or could I request to do that?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

We would urge you to contact the university on the morning of Results Day to discuss your options. It is possible that you could go through the adjustment procedure, but our admissions advisers will be able to advise the best option for you on the morning :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending